Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your best BA flights

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2017, 10:52 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Free Agent
1&2: JFK-LHR-BLR and back in the early 2000s (~2004, I think). Was flying with family who refused to fly AI, our usual carrier, and the difference was like night and day, even in coach. The seats had their own IFE, the food was good, and it was faster than adding an extra stop in BOM.

3: My first time in CW IAD-LHR, circa 2012. This was before I had realized how woefully it compared to other international J configs. At the time, it was very cool.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 10:52 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
First ever flight was fro Glasgow to Ibiza in 1983, Had a kitty on the plane and the crew knew the drinks order and were just bringing the drinks when we pushed the call button.

First ever CW to St Lucia in 2003, Was a 2 for 1 reward booking in economy and received and upgrade, I was a silver card holder at the time.

Return in first from Las Vegas 2014 on a 2 for 1, Only 3 people in 1st with 3 cabin crew so were very well looked after, Even got an apology for being an old style cabin and got 50000 avoids each in compensation.
mikeyfly likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 10:58 am

Programs: BAEC; LH M&M; HH Diamond
Two shorthaul IRROPS many decades ago:

No. 1 LIN-LHR: incoming planes had been diverted to MXP (which was, at the time, still a military airfield) due to fog. Fog then cleared at LIN and moved over to MXP. Since it was a Friday, spent all day partying in the lounge, while turmoil ruled landside and had a great trip back with the same lounge companions on the facing-each-other rows of a BAC 1-11. We were even joined by a Jamaican stripper on her way back home from some sort of assignment, which sort of spiced up the whole experience...

No. 2 FRA-LHR in snow and fog. Hours on the apron in FRA, fantastic service from the crew all the time and then, after finally landing at LHR, the announcement from the Captain " This is the only aircraft in the world [Trident] capable of landing in these conditions..." Felt proud to be British at that moment and glad to be home.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 11:08 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

1) First time in F on a 747 and also on the UD of the 747

2) Unexpected double Opup from WT+ to F on an A380 as a service recovery.

3) UD from LHR-YVR on a clear sunny day, the views were spectacular across Greenland/Canada
Old Oct 25, 2017, 11:08 am

Programs: BAEC Blue
1. LHR - RVN - LHR. Concorde (charter, does it count?) (December 1985).

Takeoff at LHR was the only occasion on which I've ever felt sick on an airliner, but, once airborne, that was soon forgotten.

2. JFK - LHR. 747 UD (April 2016).

I had 64K, with nobody beside me in 64J. The two CC running the UD that night were the most personable and professional CC I've ever encountered. It felt like an exclusive club up there. That flight was everything I've always wanted from premium BA.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 11:16 am

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
One of my first BA flights. Booked WTP, had my seat pre-selected and went to the check in machine at LHR where I was given a seat way at the back of the plane. Got very angry about the downgrade and tried changing my seat.

At that point I found out that row 60 is on the upper deck, stopped being angry and thoroughly enjoyed the flight.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 1:02 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL
I think the best overall may ironically have been a horribly delayed outbound to KWI, upper deck was very quiet and the crew looked after us splendidly. Left 3 hours late or so but couldn't fault them at all in their service.

I had an op-up to F on SJC>LHR this time last year which was far more pleasant than I was expecting and a particularly good F to JNB this summer as well with a decent crew (undone by possibly the worst CW service I've yet had on the way back unfortunately)
Old Oct 25, 2017, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Nothing to get excited about ... it's air travel! But, in the spirit o proceedings ...

1. 29 May 2008, where we first discovered the pleasures of CW, 63A/B, LHR-IAD.

2. 19 May 2010, again 63A/B LHR-IAD ... in the middle of the Ash and Strikes, and with ~20 pax, with a last-minute airframe and crew put back into the system.

3. 25 Sep 2014, IAD-LHR and our only ever OpUp [at the Gate, having resigned ourselves to travelling WT+ due to lack of UuA].

Memorable? Hmmm ... they're the only positives I can think of
Old Oct 25, 2017, 1:26 pm

Programs: BA Gold, ELAL Top Platinum
Flying F to TLV, the kosher mals are divine!!!!
Old Oct 25, 2017, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Plat, lots of AA, AS, DL, UA miles, former top level CO Elite (sigh...)
All last year....

1. B747-400 in F DFW-LHR (first time in First)

2. A380 in F LHR-IAD (second time in First and first time in the CCR)

3. A320 in CE LHR-MRS

Our flight in First from DFW to LHR was especially memorable due to the excellent service. ^
Old Oct 25, 2017, 2:36 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
1. First experience of CW, A380 YVR - LHR flying back from honeymoon (2016)

2. First work trip after above, flying on a Saturday LHR - IAD. Booked cheap economy (thanks travel policy), bumped to WT+ at check in, then bumped again to CW while I was in the lounge. The fact that I spent the whole flight working was nicely offset my the double op-up and the fact that the crew took pity on me for being the only person in CW on a Saturday who had a laptop out! (2016)

3. Flying back from San Diego to LHR in WT+, had an empty seat next to me. Chap sat down after boarding had completed, got chatting - turns out he was supposed to be flying CW and got bumped down. Crew were most apologetic to him and maintained a steady delivery of items from the F bar. Only time I will EVER be presented with the F wine list! (2017)
Old Oct 25, 2017, 2:53 pm

Programs: BA Bronze!! Hilton Gold
1. Last Christmas going to SEA on 747 seat 64K, great seat & lovely crew. (First time on upper deck)

2. Last March CW A380 HKG - LHR, terrible seat, the best crew member out of all my BA flights and a bottle of champagne leaving the plane.

3. Last April GLA to LCY - myself and 3 friends went to the Brits, CC asked who was the Silver member and what the occasion was. Let’s just say on arrival to LCY we where a little tipsy, but great CC, the best asset of BA
Old Oct 25, 2017, 3:17 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
1. Op up WTP to CW for me and my mate LAX-LHR on the A380 LD 14E/F (when in the lounge feeing miserable) after 3 days of partying mayhem in California. Crew were absolutely charming and took great care of us given how sleep deprived we were.

2. 64K 747 UD DXB LHR this week - crew were impeccable and had some great company in 64J + other friends at the back end of the UD so was a mini party (albeit overnight and had to be discreet!). Even woke up to a bottle of Castelnau to take home, which was a nice & generous touch. That was about a minute after I woke up, about 5 seconds after I woke up they were there with a smoothie in hand asking how I’d slept.

Both illustrated BA at their very best with personalised service. Both WW crews and it showed.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 3:19 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Wouldn’t it be fair to say that 64K (or at least 747 UD generally) features here as much as if not more than any F experience?!
Old Oct 25, 2017, 3:28 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
Best flight ever was probably LAX - LHR quite a few years ago when I was in 63B and had an LAX-based BA employee seated next to me in 63A. With the alcohol flowing nicely she became gradually more tipsy and very flirtatious. Somewhat later in the flight we were both rather embarrassed when a member of the CC appeared around the side of the seat and said "Mr Geordie405, BA would really appreciate it if we could maintain a ratio of one passenger per seat if you don't mind?"

Certainly a memorable flight

2. Probably first trip to LAX back in 2005 when I had my first ever op-up from WT+ to Club on the return to LHR and slept pretty much the whole way

3. LHR - EWR in F on the 789 last year. All round excellent experience from a first rate crew. It was BA at its best. No complaints at all, except for the passenger who put his shoes on top of my bag in the locker and then seemed upset when they fell out!
Woody12354 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.