British Airways Hiring Cabin Crew

Old Oct 30, 2017, 8:45 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by Can I help you
We have never stayed at the [mod: hotel name redacted] in San Francisco.
It was a typo. I meant San Diego.

Last edited by NWIFlyer; Oct 30, 2017 at 4:29 pm Reason: Hotel name in quote redacted for privacy
Old Oct 30, 2017, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Thought as much.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 12:26 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald) & Jet Airways - Thank goodness i never got started.......most awful FF program
Originally Posted by Schwann
Well for EK and EY for instance, the UAE doesn't tax salaries and the airlines provide free accommodation for crew. That makes the pay seem a lot higher.

I know the employment rights in the Middle East are a little less stringent than in Europe, but BA is hardly a big cuddly bear either.
on one hand you have really bad (but not as bad as the media presents) labour peactices against free "serviced apartments" type accomadation with gym/pool and regular intercontinental travel.

think of it as this way, the wages the guys and girls at EK get can be considered "disposable income" with only food and clothing needing to be paid for.

and it's probably fair to say that spending over half the year on the road, the subsistence payments downstream can also be used as an additional savings route.

now the package looks for more enticing and many from South Asia and Philippines use it as a long term career prospect.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 4:34 pm
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
A number of posts which formed a mini discussion about the cabin crew’s hotel in San Diego have been edited to remove the hotel name for privacy and security reasons so the cabin crew remain protected as far as possible. Members are asked to note that it is prudent, for these reasons, not to name the exact cabin crew hotel in any given location.

/mod

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.