British Airways Hiring Cabin Crew

Old Oct 25, 2017, 6:43 am

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
They're also recruiting for pilots too! Pay's a tad better although naturally you have to have a 6 figure sum to pony up to get an A320 type rating first...
Old Oct 25, 2017, 7:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by jday
Ł2.95 per hour... ouch
That’s the salary addition for every hour flown in addition to basic pay. It’s not the actual pay rate!
Old Oct 25, 2017, 7:01 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Pascoe
They're also recruiting for pilots too! Pay's a tad better although naturally you have to have a 6 figure sum to pony up to get an A320 type rating first...
I bet George of this parish has had a call for that after his sim performance last week!
Old Oct 25, 2017, 7:06 am

Originally Posted by bhbloke
I bet George of this parish has had a call for that after his sim performance last week!
Don't. I'm still gutted I can't make it...
Old Oct 25, 2017, 7:06 am

deleted

Last edited by SvenAge; Oct 25, 2017 at 5:56 pm Reason: deleted
Old Oct 25, 2017, 7:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
SvenAge just an observation, and maybe far off, but you do seem to be very complimentary about all things BA (fantastic lounges, generous pay, great work management have been progressing, agreeing with the carrier fees, recognising Mr Cruz's good work ....) I wouldn't like you to be accused of having an agenda here..
SvenAge likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 7:25 am

deleted

Last edited by SvenAge; Oct 25, 2017 at 5:56 pm Reason: deleted
Old Oct 25, 2017, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Well, I've set a reminder on Outlook to check back in, as you say, in a couple of months. What with the extra space coming up by cramming in extra seats in 2018 and the delightful panini here to stay, it is onwards and upwards
Old Oct 25, 2017, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
~$26,000 a year...and having to pay London housing prices and UK taxes? I think there are regionals in the USA that pay cabin crew better than that upfront, never mind the lower cost of living in smaller American cities .
ahmetdouas likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 8:41 am
Suspended

Programs: Regarded as total and utter snob amongst the BAEC community.
Would I be correct in saying the BA salary advertised is relative to OTE?

How do BA Mixed Fleet employment benefits compare to other carriers especially those such as say VS, EK, QF, AA, DL ?
Old Oct 25, 2017, 8:41 am

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
That’s the salary addition for every hour flown in addition to basic pay. It’s not the actual pay rate!
Still. With a base of a mere 12k per annum, you would have to do a lot of flying and selling BOB to get anywhere close to what is required to live in proximity to London.

That said, pay is dictated by the market. Since these days everybody thinks that he has an undeniable right to jet off every 3 to 6 months to far flung all-inclusive resorts with free flowing booze but only paying a few hundred quid the people getting you there will earn peanuts.

It's a shame really but then the same phenomena can be observed in other economic activities where people simply refuse to pay prices that allow decent pay to the employees behind the products and services.

Don't believe me? Just go to Westfield (or any substitute) on a weekend or during a sale and you'll understand. Nobody feels really guilty about environmental damages and social distress on the other side of the globe, but they got to get bags and bags full of cloths from Primark (substitute high street Primark by any brand you like) every week.

The main question is: Do we want this? If the answer's no, then do something. If the answer's yes, then that's fine as well. What I can't stand is people naively claiming that they had no idea that dirt cheap cloths/electronics/air fares could cause distress to other human beings or mother nature.
rossmacd, Pascoe, 'andad and 1 others like this.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Of course it would exist.

Factor in lower turnover (crew training isn't cheap) and higher salaries can even pay for themselves.

I have always over-paid people and it has always benefitted me. Our nanny works 4 hours a day during term time for Ł24,000 per year (and we are barely in London during the holidays) and has no relevant qualifications.
renwaldo and ahmetdouas like this.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 9:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
deleted

Last edited by ahmetdouas; Nov 10, 2017 at 7:16 am
Old Oct 25, 2017, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by Raffles
I have always over-paid people and it has always benefitted me.
Might want to tell that to the folks in the Square Mile, at Canary Wharf, and on Wall Street as they don't see it that way.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by TheBOSman
Might want to tell that to the folks in the Square Mile, at Canary Wharf, and on Wall Street as they don't see it that way.
Not quite sure where you're going with that...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.