Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jetkids Bed Box on BA

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2017, 4:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
Jetkids Bed Box on BA

Never come across this before, but a friend asked if i'd recommend it on upcoming BA flights they have longhaul. I'd never come across it, and some research showed some airlines have banned it:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...ices-kids.html

Havn't seen any reference to BA or anything withing Flyertalk (I refuse to accept it's possible to ask a question that hasn't been asked yet relating to BA, so i'm sure it's somewhere).

Anyone have any opinions on a) whether it's allowed by BA and b) is any good?

I'm a bit too self conscious myself I think to use one!
Old Oct 24, 2017, 5:36 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Sam Bee
Never come across this before, but a friend asked if i'd recommend it on upcoming BA flights they have longhaul. I'd never come across it, and some research showed some airlines have banned it:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...ices-kids.html
The Daily Mail seems outraged that these devices are banned by some airlines on the very trivial grounds that they "have the potential to impede access to seats and aisles, damage aircraft seats and fixtures and block access to emergency equipment".
nancypants likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 5:46 am

The Daily Mail is always outraged at something. Remember, the purpose of a DM story is to make the reader hate someone or something.
lostinlondon, stevie, Pack and 3 others like this.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 5:54 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Forget the bed box, I want to find the airliner with this window...

Pack, kellytoronto and nancypants like this.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 6:10 am

Programs: BA Oneworld
Originally Posted by Schwann
Forget the bed box, I want to find the airliner with this window...
It will be stacked up in sections in the warehouse a photographic prop rental company. Old seats and cabin sections are readily available for hire to film studios. Judging by the ashtray and old headphone socket (pneumatic tubes, I believe) these seats go back to the 1980s.
nancypants likes this.

Last edited by BrianWBrazil; Oct 24, 2017 at 6:20 am
Old Oct 24, 2017, 10:23 am
Original Poster

Turns out lots of people have used them with no issue on BA flights*

*reference is Hampstead Mums Facebook Group which i'm sure is all of your seconds homes after Flyertalk.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 10:55 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Mrs Bisonrav has confirmation from the BA twitter team that her inflatable "plane pal"* is fully legal on BA flights.

I've heard mixed reports about the bed box, and the cheapo Chinese inflatable on Amazon seems to be the wrong size. The proof of the pudding will be at 39000 feet somewhere between LHR and SIN when a young boy tries to get to sleep.

*This has nothing to do with that Sun story.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 11:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bisonrav
Mrs Bisonrav has confirmation from the BA twitter team that her inflatable "plane pal"* is fully legal on BA flights.

I've heard mixed reports about the bed box, and the cheapo Chinese inflatable on Amazon seems to be the wrong size. The proof of the pudding will be at 39000 feet somewhere between LHR and SIN when a young boy tries to get to sleep.

*This has nothing to do with that Sun story.
Awesome feedback - thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.