Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

X Factor contestants flying ex-EU to judges houses

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

X Factor contestants flying ex-EU to judges houses

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2017, 9:16 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
As to Strictly yes it was BA staff etc but unless you knew the uniform etc you wouldn't necessarilly know it was BA
Right.

Old Oct 21, 2017, 10:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Not every strictly viewer is on Twitter or instagram or whatever source that picture came from.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 4:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by HarryKUK
As an aside, it is quite unfair that they should lose their place on a British talent show because they can’t enter the US. They could just as easily make that round in the UK if they wanted to - seems a bit cruel for someone who is talented to be denied the same opportunity as the other contestants because they can’t get into a country that has nothing to do with the show.
Or perhaps they 'forgot' to mention a criminal conviction when applying which only came out when a US visa was required?

Or were involved in Nazi war crimes, were a Commie or whatever else is on the form :-)
Old Oct 22, 2017, 4:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Enigma368
They do need an ESTA but you can in theory apply for this online right up to a few hours before your flight. I doubt they did this though as it is risky + if any of the contestants have criminal records they wouldn't be able to go.
You can be refused an ESTA even when there are no real reasons for you being refused an ESTA.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 6:11 am

Originally Posted by Sixth Freedom
Reviewing the flights segment on ITV Player....
Flyertalk gold, lol
Old Oct 22, 2017, 4:57 pm

Programs: Status with BA Exec Club; KrisFlyer; Hilton Honors; IHG One; Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by frank_poulankh
CEO.
and we have our winner for 2017 Post of the Year

:-)
frank_poulankh likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 2:28 am

Programs: BA Gold
I seem to recall that in previous years the contestants didn't actually get to travel in business class - they were in economy, but went up to the front of the plane to film the publicity piece for the airline - no doubt using the seats of the production team who were happily ensconced there - which probably explains the inconsistencies pointed out by an earlier poster.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 4:43 am

Programs: Nando's Black, British Airways Gold, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum, SPG Gold, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by above the clouds
X-Factor on tv right now. Contestants sent to rainy Dublin for judges houses, then only told there they are going to SFO instead, business class on Air Lingus. Made me smile... BA probably too cheap to offer sponsorship for flights out of Heathrow
Apparently one of the conditions sponsoring airlines impose on the shows is that the contestants and crew must route through the airlines' home port/hub, which is why you have the Turkish flight going to Istanbul and the Aer Lingus flight routing via Dublin.

The TV crew hate it because it can add a lot of additional travel time when getting from A to B.

I also cringed at the in-your-face banners and related product placement. But then I should have slapped myself for watching the show in the first place.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 6:10 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Petroleum
Originally Posted by cosmo74
I seem to recall that in previous years the contestants didn't actually get to travel in business class - they were in economy, but went up to the front of the plane to film the publicity piece for the airline - no doubt using the seats of the production team who were happily ensconced there - which probably explains the inconsistencies pointed out by an earlier poster.
I remembered this also, and back in those days BA did sponsor the show

Apologies for the DM link http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/tr...es-houses.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.