Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Connecting 2 bookings to enjoy Exec benefits + UuA outside of household?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2017, 6:03 am
Original Poster

I have a LHR-DXB-LHR flight paid and booked. I now need to buy MsFF101 a one way DXB-LHR flight. She'll just join for the return leg and has no status.

I want to buy her a cash ticket and upgrade using avios. There is availability. Can I buy her a ticket and upgrade using my avios? I'm actually in a household account that she isn't part of (long story) so does that complicate things?

Secondly, can I link her booking to mine so we can get book seats together for free?
Old Oct 21, 2017, 6:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by Frequent flyer 101

Secondly, can I link her booking to mine so we can get book seats together for free?
If you are gold you can call up and ask for 'To Complete Party' and BA will allocate her a seat next to you.

It's a manual process and you won't be able to do / change it in MMB.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
I want to buy her a cash ticket and upgrade using avios. There is availability. Can I buy her a ticket and upgrade using my avios? I'm actually in a household account that she isn't part of (long story) so does that complicate things?
I may be wrong but my understanding is that if you have a HHA, you cannot use your avios to upgrade people outside of the HHA.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 8:06 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by orbitmic
I may be wrong but my understanding is that if you have a HHA, you cannot use your avios to upgrade people outside of the HHA.
You can have a small number of people named as Friends & Family. You can definitely book flights using Avios for these people, even if you also have a HHA. So I would assume you can also use your Avios to upgrade them.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 8:09 am

Programs: BA Gold
Link to Family and Friends here:

(Scroll down).

Restricted to 5 people.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 8:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
If you are gold you can call up and ask for 'To Complete Party' and BA will allocate her a seat next to you.

It's a manual process and you won't be able to do / change it in MMB.
Is it just Gold that can do that?
Old Oct 21, 2017, 9:03 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Is it just Gold that can do that?
Anyone can TCP but the benefits including seat selection only work if the other person is Gold.
KARFA likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.