JAL avios booking disappeared from BAEC

Old Oct 21, 17, 5:17 am

JAL avios booking disappeared from BAEC

Hello all,

Long time listener, first time caller...

I have an avios booking, booked through the BAEC website, on a domestic Japanese flight operated by JAL. After booking several months ago, this was visible in my upcoming flights and through the BA app.

I noticed this morning that the booking has disappeared from my BAEC account. Although I can view the booking through the "Manage my booking" link in the original email, I can't add it back to my BAEC account (an error appears as the booking has no BA operated flights).

Has there been some sort of backend IT change, or is there reason to be concerned?

Thanks!
Old Oct 21, 17, 5:54 am

Programs: BAEC, Flying Blue, Eurobonus
Enter the booking code into CheckMyTrip or MyFlights apps.

These apps will safely track the flights and any changes for you, and doesn't rely on BA IT issues.
Old Oct 21, 17, 6:11 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by SapporoJo View Post
I have an avios booking, booked through the BAEC website, on a domestic Japanese flight operated by JAL. After booking several months ago, this was visible in my upcoming flights and through the BA app.
Welcome to Flyertalk SapporoJo and welcome to the BA forum. It's good to see you here and I very much hope you can continue to be active here. Welcome on board.

The most important thing is whether you have been ticketed. Try this link and see if you can see a 125 number in there (it may be in the e-ticket tab):

https://classic.checkmytrip.com/plne...&SITE=XCMTXXNS

If not, you need to call up. If it has a 125 number then you are fine.

Otherwise, the BA App is reliable on BA metal services and usually holds any Avios bookings on other airlines, but otherwise would not hold a purely JAL service. There may be a glitch on this Avios booking that is stopping it from being visible on the App, but actually it's more important that you can see it in the JAL website /app.
Old Oct 21, 17, 7:03 am

Programs: BAEC, Accor
Just a random thought - it's not linked to JAL's shift to Amadeus in November is it?

JAL will be migrating to Amadeus on Nov 16, 2017
Calchas likes this.
Old Oct 21, 17, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by plunet View Post
Just a random thought - it's not linked to JAL's shift to Amadeus in November is it?

It might be, as their domestic booking system is being changed quite drastically, and JL have made announcement about both domestic and international bookings being affected

Does OP's travel plan fall in the date?
Old Oct 21, 17, 8:06 am

Programs: Former BA/AA/CP/LY employee, BA Blue, IHG Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by plunet View Post

Probably not, just BA.com being BA.com.

The current booking made by BA is in Amadeus already, while JL is currently in a version of Sabre. When JL switch it might make it more easy to manage on BA.com, but whether non-BA flight bookings are retained in the BAEC account on BA.com is pretty much up to BA.com...
Old Oct 21, 17, 8:39 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave View Post
Welcome to Flyertalk SapporoJo and welcome to the BA forum. It's good to see you here and I very much hope you can continue to be active here. Welcome on board.

The most important thing is whether you have been ticketed. Try this link and see if you can see a 125 number in there (it may be in the e-ticket tab):

URL SNIPPED

If not, you need to call up. If it has a 125 number then you are fine.

Otherwise, the BA App is reliable on BA metal services and usually holds any Avios bookings on other airlines, but otherwise would not hold a purely JAL service. There may be a glitch on this Avios booking that is stopping it from being visible on the App, but actually it's more important that you can see it in the JAL website /app.
Thank you all for your thoughts!

I have put the booking code through CheckMyTrip as corporate-wage-slave suggested and have 125- eTicket numbers. The ticket status notes the eTicket was processed 07OCT17 - which is a reasonable time after the booking was made. Perhaps in that process it fell off the BAEC system.

So far so good - I'll make sure to check again on the 17th November to ensure the Sabre -> Amadeus transition doesn't cause any issues.
Old Oct 21, 17, 9:12 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by SapporoJo View Post
The ticket status notes the eTicket was processed 07OCT17 - which is a reasonable time after the booking was made. Perhaps in that process it fell off the BAEC system.
Possibly. But if ticketed and the booking is still alive / confirmed then that's the assurance you need. It is worth checking any non Low Cost Carrier flight for ticket issue a few days before travel, particularly if there have been any changes; in this case all seems fine.

Search this Thread