Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

I feel slightly ashamed [Another QR>BA thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I feel slightly ashamed [Another QR>BA thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2017, 1:26 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by richardwft
When was the last time you were in J class long haul on an old B772 or non refurbished B747?
Not for quite some time but I still wouldn't moan like probably yourself or other people on here would; because I would still be in J class! I could be like alot of the population and only ever sit in an Economy seat! The point I make is BA are made out to be the world's worst Airline on here but still millions of people are flying them each year and they continue to make huge profits. Hopefully 2019 New Club World will stop people from moaning but then again probably not 🤔😃
oldone and Tobias-UK like this.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by Padmeister
Not for quite some time but I still wouldn't moan like probably yourself or other people on here would; because I would still be in J class! I could be like alot of the population and only ever sit in an Economy seat! The point I make is BA are made out to be the world's worst Airline on here but still millions of people are flying them each year and they continue to make huge profits. Hopefully 2019 New Club World will stop people from moaning but then again probably not 🤔😃
Undoubtedly true, but the OP wasn't a comparison of business class against economy.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 1:43 pm
Suspended

Not for quite some time.....
Good to know.
Millions eat in fast food places everyday, doesn't make the food and drink great.
Many airlines are leaping miles ahead of BA with their J class seating, view some videos on YouTube to get a flavour.

Last edited by FlyerTalker39574; Oct 21, 2017 at 2:02 pm
Old Oct 21, 2017, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by marcusm1
- Y was perfectly decent...if the aircraft is not full..ten abreast seating...say no more.
- The lounge for one world sapphire not flying QR business is frankly crap. I couldn't find a seat and when I pointed out I normally fly business and this was a last minute trip they took me to the adjacent first class lounge. Mildly better but food was still awful. At least BA don't segregate their business and one world status passenger's.
On the first point, of course, BA are also introducing the 10 across on much of their 772 fleet this year.

And on the second point, BA segregate their first and one world status passengers, which never cease to annoy those coming from airlines (QF, CX, JL, etc) which do not.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
but I still wouldn't moan like probably yourself or other people on here would; because I would still be in J class! I could be like alot of the population and only ever sit in an Economy seat!
On that basis, however, should we just not all be off Flyertalk. I mean, some people die trying to cross the Mediterranean to save their life every day, some are killed by terrorists or dictators every week, if that is the standard, then quite frankly, maybe Flyertalk should arguably be considered indecent in and by itself?
Old Oct 21, 2017, 2:48 pm

Good to know.
Millions eat in fast food places everyday, doesn't make the food and drink great.
Many airlines are leaping miles ahead of BA with their J class seating, view some videos on YouTube to get a flavour.
I don't need to watch videos thank you very much! I know the products out there! I am not defending BA and making them out to be amazing! I am simply saying they are nowhere near as bad as people on here make them out to be; maybe some people just need a reality check.

And yes​​​​​​ you are correct millions of people do eat and drink in fast food places everyday and they must be happy to do so; and that is there right and choice just like millions are still happy to fly BA day in day out....
Tobias-UK likes this.

Last edited by Padmeister; Oct 21, 2017 at 3:00 pm
Old Oct 21, 2017, 3:03 pm
Suspended

....they are nowhere near as bad as people on here make them out to be; maybe some people just need a reality check.
But they are! No reality check needed, we've flown in J class long haul and have experienced what is commonly criticised. I refuse to pay for it, spend avios on it and refuse free upgrades to it.

Last edited by FlyerTalker39574; Oct 21, 2017 at 3:10 pm
Old Oct 21, 2017, 3:06 pm

But they are! No reality check needed, we've flown in J class and have experienced what is commonly criticised. I refuse to pay for it, spend avios on it and refuse free upgrades to it.
Refuse free upgrades to it? 🤔
Old Oct 21, 2017, 3:12 pm
Suspended

Refuse free upgrades to it? 🤔
Yes, I'd rather stay in WT+
Old Oct 21, 2017, 3:20 pm

Really? You are nuts! 😅 Regardless of flight day or night if I was in WTP and I was given a free upgrade to CW I would gladly accept and I cannot think why you would not! Can you please explain why you would stay in WTP over CW.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 3:26 pm

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
The difference between WT+ and CW is absolutely huge compared to the difference between QR J and CW!
Old Oct 21, 2017, 3:27 pm
Suspended

Really? You are nuts.
Yes. No I'm not.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by Cap'n Benj
The difference between WT+ and CW is absolutely huge compared to the difference between QR J and CW!
It's ok richardwft would gladly give us his CW seat over a WTP one by the sounds of it. Crazy if you ask me but this is FT so anything goes.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 3:38 pm
Suspended

..,,Crazy if you ask me..,,.
It isn't. You just have poor knowledge of the weaknesses of the BA long haul J seat. I agree with Dennis https://youtu.be/LGCkoapvXT8
Old Oct 21, 2017, 4:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I told you this thread should have been moved to the QR forum. Now we'll be inundated with even more (preferred airline) v BA comparison threads.

Seriously though, it's getting beyond a joke.
Tobias-UK likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.