BA 245 - October 22nd

Old Oct 19, 2017, 3:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
BA 245 - October 22nd

Can anyone shed any light on what might have happened to BA0245 on 22nd October (Sunday)?

A friend of mine just logged into MMB to find that she and her family have been shifted (not so unusual, I guess) but the "choose your seat" page is only showing rows 28 to 35. (She's travelling in Y.)

We've tried in a few browsers and even made a dummy booking, but it would appear that only rows 28-35 exist on this flight! The dummy also booking showed significantly less seat choice than it does in MMB. (My friend is travelling with a BA Silver in the booking.)

In my experience of travelling on that route, it's normally a 777-200, but her outbound flight is showing as "77W" (vs "777" for the inbound.)

Assuming 77W => 777-300, there are still usually more than 35 rows!

Also - should she have got an email to advise her of the seat change?

Thanks!
Old Oct 19, 2017, 3:22 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold
Please can you share the route?
Old Oct 19, 2017, 3:24 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Here is the seatmap of the flight (LHR-EZE):
Attached Images  
Old Oct 19, 2017, 3:34 pm
Original Poster

It's LHR / EZE (Buenos Aires)
Old Oct 19, 2017, 3:38 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, Tobias

Is it reasonable to assume that the entire of the rear cabin is occupied (perhaps by a group?) or just blocked off for some reason?
Old Oct 19, 2017, 3:42 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Those seats with a white X are not occupied but blocked. The flight looks quite light at the moment so perhaps they are trying to get everyone seated toward the center of the aircraft.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 1:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by bermudatoad
Also - should she have got an email to advise her of the seat change?
This also sounds like it could be a reappearance of a bug that we've seen before that meant that not all of the seat map would be displayed on ba.com. After all, the aft cabin is not closed because there are already some passengers seated there. At any rate, the seats in the aft cabin do exist, as the seat map posted by Tobias-UK shows.

When BA changes your seat, BA does not tell you. That's one of the reasons why MyFlights is such a useful tool.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.