Search

Humourous cabin announcements

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2017, 10:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Humourous cabin announcements

Is there a thread to add them to?

Coming down from EDI last night there was a request for a passenger to make themselves know to crew during boarding. It started off fine, then CSD stumbled a bit and seemed to oddly add in the word "named" to the regular announcement before recovering and continuing.

The final version was...

"If there is a passenger ... named... Standing on the aircraft could you please..." .

Well spotted and handled by CSD ^.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 1:03 pm

Programs: BA GGL, CCR; RyanAir MillionMiler :( ;
Captain on landing, "We are short of cleaners tonight, so would volunteers make themselves known by undoing their seatbelst and standing up to open overhead lockers while we are still taxiing"

AA. very funny.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 3:52 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Landing in Aberdeen after a long weather delay at heathrow, Pilot offers to buy everyone a drink as compensation for the delay. Only thing was we would have to fly back to london with him to get it.
nequine likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 3:57 pm

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Knickam
Landing in Aberdeen after a long weather delay at heathrow, Pilot offers to buy everyone a drink as compensation for the delay. Only thing was we would have to fly back to london with him to get it.
Sometimes, people do b2b and could take him up on that offer
Globalist and Calchas like this.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 3:57 pm

A pet hate of mine is 'humorous announcements'. I prefer a professional service, rather than awkward humour. I don't recall ever hearing anything humorous when I've been subjected to this experience on trains or planes. Only my opinion of course, wouldn't want to spoil it for the rest.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 4:38 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by EsherFlyer
Is there a thread to add them to?

Coming down from EDI last night there was a request for a passenger to make themselves know to crew during boarding. It started off fine, then CSD stumbled a bit and seemed to oddly add in the word "named" to the regular announcement before recovering and continuing.

The final version was...

"If there is a passenger ... named... Standing on the aircraft could you please..." .

Well spotted and handled by CSD ^.
I'm obviously being really thick, but I'm not getting this at all! Can you explain again for the hard of understanding?
Schwann likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 4:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
The passenger's name is Standing. During boarding quite a few passengers would be standing, therefore the "named" was added to distinguish.
Schwann likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 6:22 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club
Smile

Originally Posted by SvenAge
A pet hate of mine is 'humorous announcements'. I prefer a professional service, rather than awkward humour. I don't recall ever hearing anything humorous when I've been subjected to this experience on trains or planes. Only my opinion of course, wouldn't want to spoil it for the rest.
Suggest you wear headphones as you go about your business my friend!
Old Oct 19, 2017, 6:44 pm

Programs: BA silver, VS, Jet, Carlson gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by BA6501
The passenger's name is Standing. During boarding quite a few passengers would be standing, therefore the "named" was added to distinguish.
ohhhhhhh! I totally missed that too!
awayIgo likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 11:04 pm

"and there is a red thing attached to your life jacket so you can whistle at passing sailors"

That one landed the lady in question in hot water.
Schwann and Calchas like this.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 1:06 am

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
Posted this before

Pilot on landing at MAN

"The brakes on this 30 ton aircraft are as you can imaging very good and if I make a mistake anyone standing up will go flying and it is the policy of BA that passengers arrive just behind the aircraft not in front of it...
awayIgo, fishball, Calchas and 2 others like this.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 1:35 am

On landing at Linate one night and waiting for the seat belt sign to go off

Member of the crew stood up and on the Intercom

'Ready.......Steady.............GO!'
DragonSoul and ltfly like this.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 1:37 am

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
Originally Posted by Knickam
If there had been any FTers doing a BTB on that flight it would have been absolutely perfect....
Calchas and ltfly like this.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 3:10 am

Programs: BA Gold (woohoo)
Travelled on Pacific Southwest Airlines in the US in the late 80s and the entire announcement was scripted to be hilarious. "Anyone smoking will be asked to step outside" etc. The corporate strategy was to be humorous, to the point where they painted smiles on their planes.

Interestingly (and I use that word knowing the audience here!), the airline became part of USAir and I recall the US authorities ordered them to tune down the funnies as the announcement was supposed to be taken seriously. My experience was that people paid far more attention as it was so different from what they normally heard.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 4:28 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Pascoe
If there had been any FTers doing a BTB on that flight it would have been absolutely perfect....
Did people do BTB's in 2003?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.