Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

I'm sorry sir, but I'm going to have to report you to British Airways

I'm sorry sir, but I'm going to have to report you to British Airways

Old Oct 20, 2017, 4:28 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
If the member of staff was making threats that would not be reasonable to follwo through on, that is rude imo
As we don't know in this case whether the "threats" (terminology used loosely) could or would reasonably be followed through, it is not possible here to determine whether they could possibly be deemed to be rude.

on the other hand, the passengers' behaviour was both rude and unreasonable.
orlando flyer likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 5:26 am

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Which part do you consider rude? It seems that the purser's words were definitely (and deliberately) extremely polite despite the substance of the message being perfectly clear that the behaviour of the parents was unacceptable and constituted a potential safety risk for future passengers.
I don't know. People complain about everything these days.
And i would not be surprised that an offended pax could escalate this, and say that the purser had no business saying the things they said.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 5:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by albpenny
As we don't know in this case whether the "threats" (terminology used loosely) could or would reasonably be followed through, it is not possible here to determine whether they could possibly be deemed to be rude.
If it was not something that could reasonably be carried through, then the actions seem to be bullying by the staff member and that is rude rather than polite regardless on how the person said it imo
Old Oct 20, 2017, 9:09 am

Programs: SK*G, BA Silver, Flying Blue, VLM, VT Traveller, PC Platinum, BW Diamond
I don't think there is ever a dull moment on the Tel-a-Viv service (although that's not quite how the crew describe the manners of the passengers).

Amazingly the Jordan flights and the Beirut flights are totally different with regards to customer behaviour and yet are a stones throw away.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 9:20 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
You think it is ok for crewmembers to threaten passengers with such things as claiming that the aeroplane will need to be taken out of service and that they will be reported to BA with what seems to be implicit that BA would hold them liable?

Asking to clean up after themselves is one thing, but threatening passengers I find hard to see as acceptable
I hope that ıt was a promıse rather than a threat but ıf so - good for hım. Do I thınk that ıt's OK - I certaınly do and ıt's way overdue.
tmac100, orlando flyer and 'andad like this.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 9:25 am

Programs: SK*G, BA Silver, Flying Blue, VLM, VT Traveller, PC Platinum, BW Diamond
other airlines charge for damage to aircraft, i personally think we should issue tickets like parking attendants do and charge passengers for the damage. Im sure Pucci has seen far worse than I but I've seen horrid items dumped in disgusting places on planes, I've watched passengers just vomit onto a seat or window with no attempt to get a sick back, I've watched them pull arm rests off seats, stand on parts they shouldn't do, pull window blinds off... the toilets are always the worst. It was worse when I flew for Thomas Cook, may as well have been the chimps tea party.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 11:56 am

Honestly, absent the purser calling them names or otherwise using foul language, I can't think of a way that this could be considered "going too far". And I have "youngish" kids.

Honestly, I think airlines should have a "ban" list. It can't possibly be worth it monetarily to allow these passengers to keep flying.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 12:29 pm

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Young child makes a mess! - must be a slow news day somewhere

5 secs is all it takes for a toddler to pull over a food tray - presume that is what happened here. It sounds like the parents responded immediately to a request to clean - going above and beyond IMO.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 1:14 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by xenole
Given? More likely supply your own.
Perhaps they will sell it on board ? Another profit center....

Originally Posted by ppp909
A couple of years ago I had a horrible journey back from BKK. My daughter, who has 18 months old at the time, was being a real PITA, fidgeting, screaming and being generally annoying. It was a packed CW cabin which didn't make things any better.
Then she puked on the floor, right under where the table sits. Aarrrgh. So there was me, hands full of kitchen roll or whatever I found in the galley, wiping up barf. The crew were useless too, trying to make light of it, when I was clearly frustrated about it. And they didn't bother bringing me my meal.
Then my daughter barfed again, "luckily" on me, so it was easier to clean up.
OK, so not quite the same as the original post, but some of us are conscious of our little ones.

The sad thing was the poor little thing came up with spots a couple of days later; she'd caught a terrible bout of chickenpox (blisters everywhere; the worst I've seen). Made me feel bad for being so frustrated with her as she must have been feeling terrible.

At least we weren't in Y though.
I can visualize the chagrin on your part about your child. Many of us have been there.
. Do you mean you had no meal on this flight ? Did you ask for it ?

Originally Posted by Innocent Abroad
Yes, that's exactly the reason why we need to bring back the Brits to this part of the world. Ever since they left it's one big mess
So far I have read two comments about " those kind of people" and now the world needs "Brits" to clean it up. How do we assume these were not British/ UK citizens ? Hope the Mods are listening.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 1:16 pm

Programs: BA Gold
To whom would the passengers have been reported? British Airways is a pretty big entity
Old Oct 20, 2017, 2:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by HMPS
So far I have read two comments about " those kind of people" and now the world needs "Brits" to clean it up. How do we assume these were not British/ UK citizens ? Hope the Mods are listening.
I said ''those type of people'' but I fail to see what the racist connection is with such a comment. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if they were English.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 4:42 pm

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
"Our customers have told us that each passenger has their own standards of cleanliness. We have therefore stopped all cleaning of our aeroplanes. Instead, passengers will board 10 minutes earlier than at present, and will clean their area of the aeroplane. To assist in this, disinfectant wipes will be available in packs of 4, each costing 1.00 or $2.00."
Old Oct 21, 2017, 2:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by HMPS
^
Old Oct 21, 2017, 2:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by secretplantofightinflation
To whom would the passengers have been reported? British Airways is a pretty big entity
There is a very straightforward procedure in place for CSD/CSMs to report passenger issues to their hierarchy, that is what would be used. All airlines have similar protocols, as cases such as drunkenness, insulting or aggressive behaviour, vandalism/damaging plane fixtures, refusing to comply with crew instructions, etc all occur. Reporting is, basically, what (or rather one of the things that) crew are asked to do.
subject2load likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 8:05 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
If the member of staff was making threats that would not be reasonable to follwo through on, that is rude imo
Agree. If there was no intent to report back to HQ, it was a lie ! Walks like a duck, talks like a duck.......

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.