Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Bad weather this weekend? Impact on flights?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bad weather this weekend? Impact on flights?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2017, 8:00 am

What's the latest?
My flight lands at LHR around noon.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 8:12 am
gms

Programs: BA Gold / GfL, Hilton Diamond
The forecast seems to be getting slightly better rather than worse. Windy, but not ridiculously so according to the MetOffice. If there was likely to be significant disruption I would have expected BA to have announced something by now.

Forecast now showing 21mph, gusting to 39 around noon. Speed still picking up a bit more by mid afternoon, but with the direction shifting to come more from SW, then WSW in the evening, that in itself will reduce the severity of the crosswind.

Have also been watching this. Wife due to depart late morning, then I depart late afternoon!
Old Oct 20, 2017, 8:52 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHons diamond
My 1250 BA 835 flight tomorrow from Dublin to Heathrow has been cancelled but American Airlines, having given me the option of rebooking to an earlier DUB-LHR, have rebooked me to start my transatlantic portion from LHR without the need to get to Dublin to start the trip. A bit of a result - I shall now stay cosy in London and watch the weather before heading out to Heathrow tomorrow afternoon.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 8:56 am

Programs: BA GGL, GA PLAT, SQ Gold
My flight to Munich has been cancelled 12.35pm departure , we have been moved to 17.20 hrs

So basically a 5 hour delay
Old Oct 20, 2017, 9:09 am
gms

Programs: BA Gold / GfL, Hilton Diamond
It seems there is now an announcement on BA.com

However, the impact seems pretty small overall (of course, not for those on affected flights!). The usual suspects in the domestic schedule seem to have escaped unscathed (so far!). I'm guessing they are just picking flights with the lowest loadings at the times they need to work with reduced flow rates.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.