Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BHD Lounge access on BA ticketed/EI codeshare flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2017, 2:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond

[Mods, appreciate this is a well-trodden path; feel free to move thread...]

Hi:

It's been a while since I've done this and I know it's a confusing area, so would appreciate a clarification...

Party of four (including 1 GCH, 2 SCHs) travelling BHD to LHR on a BA flight number, but it's the codeshare flight operated by EI. Can someone confirm the BA Lounge access we should expect at BHD?

I seem to recall some restrictions/difficulties around this.

Thanks!
Old Oct 17, 2017, 2:16 am

Programs: ; BAEC Silver; Qantas FF Gold; Hertz Gold, Accor A-Club Gold
AFAIK, as it's BA codeshare you get the normal +1
Old Oct 17, 2017, 2:30 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mccorry
[Mods, appreciate this is a well-trodden path; feel free to move thread...]

Hi:

It's been a while since I've done this and I know it's a confusing area, so would appreciate a clarification...

Party of four (including 1 GCH, 2 SCHs) travelling BHD to LHR on a BA flight number, but it's the codeshare flight operated by EI. Can someone confirm the BA Lounge access we should expect at BHD?

I seem to recall some restrictions/difficulties around this.

Thanks!
For a GCH on a BA codeshare operated by a non-oneworld airline you get access if on a BA 125-... issued ticket. You can take a guest but the lounge eligibility guide does say the guest should be on a BA operated flight (although I imagine they may allow it if they with on the same EI flight).

There is no lounge entitlement for an SCH.

So out of your party the GCH could get in (provided it is a 125-... ticket) and possible guest one, but the remaining two passengers wouldn't have access.

EDIT: actually is there some special arrangement between BA and EI on this route? I seem to remember there is something on DUB-LHR so perhaps there is here too? If not then the above applies.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.