Reward Flight Saver Destinations

Reply

Old Oct 16, 17, 1:52 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 410
Reward Flight Saver Destinations

I know that BA RFS rates are only for flights under 2000 miles but I cant find a list of all the destinations that qualify. Does any one know if such a list exists or of an easy way to find all BA (ex London) routes under 2000 miles?

Also are there any destinations that are actually more than 2000 miles that still qualify as RFS.

Thanks
wytco0 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 17, 1:55 pm
  #2  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Leeds, UK
Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Posts: 25,258
Originally Posted by wytco0 View Post
I know that BA RFS rates are only for flights under 2000 miles but I cant find a list of all the destinations that qualify. Does any one know if such a list exists or of an easy way to find all BA (ex London) routes under 2000 miles?

Also are there any destinations that are actually more than 2000 miles that still qualify as RFS.

Thanks
Basically any short haul destinations on BA and also DME.
KARFA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 17, 2:05 pm
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 410
Originally Posted by KARFA View Post
Basically any short haul destinations on BA and also DME.
Indeed ;-) but is there a list of them anywhere?
wytco0 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 17, 2:06 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: In the air
Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Amb, Hilton Diamond, AMEX Plat
Posts: 5,665
This post in the forum guide effectively has a list on the map:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27691536-post5.html
EuropeanPete is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 17, 2:13 pm
  #5  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 410
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete View Post
This post in the forum guide effectively has a list on the map:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27691536-post5.html
Thanks EUPete I did find that post earlier but it also says that it is a "small sample of cities within reach of LHR" which I took to mean that it is not complete.

I just have a felling that there must be a complete list somewhere but maybe there isn't.
wytco0 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 17, 2:14 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: London
Programs: BAEC Gold, HH Diamond
Posts: 1,354
Originally Posted by wytco0 View Post
Thanks EUPete I did find that post earlier but it also says that it is a "small sample of cities within reach of LHR" which I took to mean that it is not complete.

I just have a felling that there must be a complete list somewhere but maybe there isn't.
BA.com's low fare finder, set to Europe, lists nearly every destination except those with only an occasional service
wytco0 likes this.
ENTP is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 17, 2:25 pm
  #7  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 410
Originally Posted by ENTP View Post
BA.com's low fare finder, set to Europe, lists nearly every destination except those with only an occasional service
Thanks That is useful but it misses Africa destinations, or are the excluded because they are not in Europe although under 2000 miles e.g RAK
wytco0 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 17, 2:28 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: London
Programs: BAEC Gold, HH Diamond
Posts: 1,354
Originally Posted by wytco0 View Post
Thanks That is useful but it misses Africa destinations, or are the excluded because they are not in Europe although under 2000 miles e.g RAK
The North African ones that have ET pricing (e.g. <£100 e/w) are, the rest including Egypt aren't.
ENTP is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 17, 2:29 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 7,349
What are you hoping to use the list for?

Many lists won't be completely up-to-date - for example just last week BA announced new service to Almeria.

Your best bet may actually be the BA network map in HighLife, although that sometimes has errors and won't feature LEI this month.

Basically everything in Europe and on/near the Med is RFS except CAI, TLV, BEY and AMM.
Ldnn1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 17, 2:31 pm
  #10  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Leeds, UK
Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Posts: 25,258
Originally Posted by wytco0 View Post
Indeed ;-) but is there a list of them anywhere?
Have a look at the oneworld site and the where we fly section. Just select BA and do not include connections or codeshares. In terms of starting point you need to look at LHR/LGW/LCY and also look at the new regional departure points for the BA cityflyer routes (MAN, BHX, STN, EDI etc.).

Where do you want to go? Are you trying to find a list for a reason?
KARFA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 17, 2:43 pm
  #11  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 410
I was originally searching for the most distant locations that I could get to with RFS but could not find anything so I looked for a complete list.

I am also trying to get to the middle east as cheaply as possible using a 241 voucher Beruit or Tel Aviv would be fine but they are both over 2000 miles so wont be RFS (unless they are!!) which was why I was also asking of there are any locations that are over 2000 that are still RFS.
wytco0 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 17, 2:54 pm
  #12  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Leeds, UK
Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Posts: 25,258
Originally Posted by wytco0 View Post
I was originally searching for the most distant locations that I could get to with RFS but could not find anything so I looked for a complete list.

I am also trying to get to the middle east as cheaply as possible using a 241 voucher Beruit or Tel Aviv would be fine but they are both over 2000 miles so wont be RFS (unless they are!!) which was why I was also asking of there are any locations that are over 2000 that are still RFS.
Well the answer to the first question is DME LCA as noted in the post below].

Beirut or TLV are long haul and not RFS. I guess the closet you could get is LCA or ATH on RFS.
wytco0 likes this.

Last edited by KARFA; Oct 17, 17 at 12:32 am
KARFA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 17, 7:57 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: UK
Programs: Mucci, BA
Posts: 9,160
The only destination over 2000 miles is LCA.

The below list is pretty much up to date, some routes are seasonal. All from London.

Zone 1:
Aberdeen
Amsterdam
Basel
Belfast
Bergerac
Berlin
Bilbao
Bordeaux
Brussels
Chambéry
Copenhagen
Dublin
Dusseldorf
Edinburgh
Frankfurt
Friedrichshafen
Geneva
Genoa
Glasgow
Gothenburg
Grenoble
Hamburg
Hannover
Innsbruck
Inverness
Isle of Man
Jersey
Leeds
Limoges
Luxembourg
Lyon
Manchester
Marseille
Milan
Munich
Nantes
Newcastle
Nice
Nuremburg
Paris
Prague
Quimper
Rotterdam
Salzburg
Stuttgart
Toulouse
Turin
Zurich

Zone 2:
Alicante
Almería
Barcelona
Bari
Bologna
Brindisi
Budapest
Cagliari
Dubrovnik
Faro
Florence
Gibraltar
Granada
Helsinki
Ibiza
Krakow
Lisbon
Madrid
Malaga
Menorca
Murcia
Naples
Olbia
Oslo
Palermo
Palma de Mallorca
Pisa
Porto
Pula
Rome
Seville
Split
Stockholm
Tallinn
Valencia
Venice
Verona
Vienna
Warsaw
Zagreb

Zone 3:
Athens
Bodrum
Bucharest
Catania
Chania
Corfu
Dalaman
Fuerteventura
Funchal
Heraklion
Istanbul
Kalamata
Kiev
Lanzarote
Larnaca
Las Palmas
Malta
Marrakesh
Moscow
Mykonos
Paphos
Reykjavik
Rhodes
Santorini
Skiathos
Sofia
St Petersburg
Tenerife
Thessaloniki
Tirana
Zakynthos
BA6501 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 17, 5:48 am
  #14  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 410
Originally Posted by BA6501 View Post
The only destination over 2000 miles is LCA.

The below list is pretty much up to date, some routes are seasonal. All from London.
Brilliant many thanks for posting.
wytco0 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 18, 4:22 am
  #15  
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: London, UK
Programs: BA Gold, CX Gold (OW Sapphire), Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Accor Platinum
Posts: 1,447
At the risk of digging up an old thread, I'm trying to book a RFS on the Quimper route out of LCY - however one of the legs is operated by Eastern Airways for BA Cityflyer for British Airways. Does this mean it is not RFS compatible or do I need to call the contact centre to make it so?
Jordan D is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread