Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is GOT back-to-backable?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2017, 3:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, *A Gold, Hertz President's Circle, HHonors Diamond
Cool, many thanks guys. I'll wait it out but hopefully it will all be alright on the night as your say!
Old Oct 16, 2017, 3:43 am

Programs: BA Gold
Come to think about it. Does one need to clear passport control in GOT? Or can you stay in the holding area for the non-shengen flights without having a problem re-boarding?

If you need to clear passport control you can stay airside. Love this airport
Old Oct 16, 2017, 3:46 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by DreamTrip
Come to think about it. Does one need to clear passport control in GOT? Or can you stay in the holding area for the non-shengen flights without having a problem re-boarding?

If you need to clear passport control you can stay airside. Love this airport
It's in the same category as the likes of AMS, BGO, SVG etc. where you just walk off the jetbridge, sit down, and walk back on when boarding starts. No security screening or passport control.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 6:19 pm

Programs: bmi British Midland International Diamond Club
GOT is a delightful little airport. Did a quick back to back yesterday morning, really smooth process, here's my experience doing it first time. I only had 3 hours sleep the night before and woke up at 04:20 for my 07:35 flight. Took the bus to Paddington and hopped on the 05:55 HEx service which got me to T5 by 06:20. The BA790 was leaving from B45 so I used the Galleries lounge there for a quick brekkie. Flight was a quick 90 mins but departed late and arrived in GOT at 10:45.

I had only half an hour before the return BA791 was scheduled to leave at 11:15. Docked at gate 20B. Didn't want to hang around the gate as I was thirsty and needed urgent refreshments. It literally took one minute to pass through immigration into the main departure area as I was in first row of Y and there were three officers processing arrivals.

The Menzies lounge is just above gate 18, so is very close by. I grabbed a couple of juices and a tea. Snacks are very basic but I wasn't hungry, and 10 mins was enough for me. I left at 11am to go back through passport control (no queue) and joined the few remaining passengers at the gate waiting to board. Boarding was complete a few minutes after and I settled into a completely empty first row (Y) and napped the whole way back to LHR. Overall I was very satisfied with GOT and it was a very easy process to do a back to back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.