Wiki Posts
Search

Exit row seating

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2017, 10:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime Platinum
Exit row seating

My 6ft+ son is happy enough to go down the back on a long haul flight. But, is there a way to check availability of an exit row seat, which he is happy to pay for, before hitting the pay button ?
Old Oct 13, 2017, 10:20 am

Programs: BA Gold, AVIS Presidents Club
what flight?
Old Oct 13, 2017, 10:24 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
If you do a dummy booking, while not logged in to your account, with "Flexible ticket" selected, then you can see what seats are available. Equally you do the same with the cheapest ticket option and work through the seat selection module to see the pricing. Alternatively someone can look up the details if we have the flight details (date, flight number and route).
Old Oct 13, 2017, 10:25 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
And what status does he have? The advent of FLY and theoretical seating means the seats might even be blocked ...

You can look at live seat maps (up to the flight going under airport control about 24 hours before) on Expertflyer, and if he puts his BAEC number in it'll recognise his status level and display everything available to him. The free version allows a limited number of enquiries.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 10:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime Platinum
Thanks one and all.....no status at all, being an infrequent flyer. I shall try the ' dummy booking ' route first off and see how that works out. He's only going to West Coast US with friends, but it got me thinking..... Is there a way if it had been an Avios redemption, or again, would you go the dummy booking route first off ? And after booking go straight into ' Manage my booking ' to grab the seat ?
Old Oct 13, 2017, 10:53 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I think with an Avios redemption, and assuming no status, I don't think you get to see the available seating before you've booked. Nothing to stop you doing a dummy revenue booking beforehand. However I suppose you are free to cancel your booking completely, or amend it, for free within the first 24 hours.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 10:54 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
You should get the option to pay for a seat as you complete the booking. No need to go back into the booking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.