Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

LHR T5 GF wifi “No internet connection”

Old Oct 12, 2017, 10:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass

Have not been able to connect on any of my three visits this week. Using iphone recently updated to ios11 if that helps as a reference point.

Am not alone as others nearby have had similar problems. Have reported it to staff and been told they are aware of it. Just surprised not to see it reported here!
Old Oct 12, 2017, 10:25 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by antichef
Have not been able to connect on any of my three visits this week. Using iphone recently updated to ios11 if that helps as a reference point.

Am not alone as others nearby have had similar problems. Have reported it to staff and been told they are aware of it. Just surprised not to see it reported here!
Perhaps the main router flooded

No food in ccr
Old Oct 12, 2017, 11:17 am

Programs: BA Gold

The last 3-4 times my android-based phone has failed to connect to the wireless - something about the security key not being correct - at it gave a virgin helpline to ring (which I didn't bother). Meanwhile, had no issues with my laptop... .
Old Oct 12, 2017, 11:24 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Perhaps the main router flooded

No food in ccr
Or the mice chewed through the cables.

S
Old Oct 12, 2017, 12:30 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
My laptop has had trouble a couple of times in EDI. I've found that turning WiFi off / on with the physical flight mode switch on the side seems to fix it.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 12:44 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum Amb

Just to provide balance. On my visit on Tuesday and Wednesday of this week I connected without issue. Using an iPhone (also on ios 11) and a Macbook Pro.

Bri
Old Oct 12, 2017, 4:09 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by CKBA
The last 3-4 times my android-based phone has failed to connect to the wireless - something about the security key not being correct - at it gave a virgin helpline to ring (which I didn't bother). Meanwhile, had no issues with my laptop... .
That tends to happen if you go direct to a website via https rather than going via the BA login first (and you may have a homepage precoded in your settings). You can select the "Advanced" option fairly safely in a BA lounge context, but on the whole it's better to start off with a http hyperlink to a regular site such as the BBC.

I've not had any recent problems linking to BA's wifi at T5, I sent half a dozen posts from their today alone.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.