Can you TCP on an AA booking on BA metal?

Old Jan 4, 2018, 11:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Can you TCP on an AA booking on BA metal?

Can one, with sufficient status, TCP on an AA booking for the BA flights it contains?

Last edited by navylad; Jan 4, 2018 at 9:33 pm
Old Jan 4, 2018, 12:03 pm

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
I assume you mean for seating purposes?

Yes, any PNR can be TCPed. It really is nothing fancier than an FYI in a specific format added to each PNR.
navylad likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 3:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP
What is TC/ TCP?
Old Jan 4, 2018, 5:30 pm

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by seaskybound
What is TC/ TCP?
To Complete Party - a note that can be added to bookings to cross-reference them. It doesn't do anything magical system wise, it just gives the airlines a heads up that passengers over split PNRs are travelling together.

BA Golds/oneworld Emeralds get to extend their seating privileges to the rest of their party; this is done via use of the TCP so that the seating agents know who the Gold is travelling with and who to arrange seats for.

OSI BA TCP2 SEASKYBOUND - XYZ123

(Translates as; FYI, this is a party of 2 with the same last name, here's the other PNR)
navylad likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.