Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Lloyds Avios credit card - joined Nov 2016, STILL NO AVIOS!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2017, 2:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: BD *Gold; BAEC Gold; Flying Blue Gold; SPG Gold; HH Gold

Hello All,

Trying to find out if anyone is in the same boat as me.

I remember reading something on here a while ago regarding people not receiving their Avios with the Lloyds credit card but can't find it without trawling through the masses of posts. Please point me in the right direction if you know where. Thanks.

In the meantime, I am wondering what you would do in my situation?

Facts:
- November 2016 - applied for credit card and received card.
- started using card to make use of the initial increased avios earning
- January - noticed nothing was posting - called call centre, staff was helpful in checking there wasn't any duplicate accounts set up - there was another one which she combined and closed the other. She said the points should show up soon.
- March - still nothing, called again and this time complained about the lack of points - was explained may take up to 26 weeks. This was an issue they were aware of. Said my avios should hit my account by the end of September. In recognition of this complain, they compensated me with £175 - which I accepted.
- August - still no avios. Filled in an online complain form, got a phone call from call centre. They were aware of my issue, my points should hit my account by end of September as noted on their system.
- October - STILL NO AVIOS!

Anyone experienced anything similar? I stopped using the card about May/June as I was not getting any of my avios. I am now a month short of a year of having this credit card duo. I'm considering just scrapping the cards altogether.

If you have a similar experience or any advice on what I should do, let me know.

Cheers
K
Old Oct 11, 2017, 3:00 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Lots of issue like this were reported on Head For Points. Raffles did an article about it a couple of months ago.

I had lots of issues myself when I first got one. It took a lot of emails / letters to get sorted (I think my issue was with bonus/sign-up points).

ETA : http://www.headforpoints.com/2017/04...ard-no-points/
kiwidragon likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 3:51 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
I've had no points since March. I was told it would take up to six months and they won't even entertain a conversation about it till after that six months is up. That six months is up in 10 days time, so if nothing appears on my next statement, it'll be another call.

I was given £150 to stop me complaining to the ombudsman. I'll be asking for more if not resolved soon.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 3:56 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
i noticed the same yesterday, opened an online chat vith Lloyds support, they asked some questions, linked my account and avios and voucher appeared immediately in my avios.com account. Are you sure you don't have two avios accounts? Lloyds apparently opens one on your behalf when you get the card, so check that the details you use for your Lloyds card and your avios account match - if they're different, maybe Lloyds isn't picking it up to combine?
Old Oct 11, 2017, 4:04 am

Mine stopped posting when I had some fraud on my account and Lloyds closed my account by mistake. They assure me they have the right Avios.com details for me.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 4:37 am

Programs: Usual Amex Cent. GGL.
I have a calendar reminder for next week when the six months they said it would take to sort it out expires. I’m still waiting on my upgrade voucher and my AVIOS. I have stopped using the cards though I will probably use the master card to pay my self assessment in January (early - thanks HFP for the heads up) to get another upgrade voucher.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 4:47 am

Lloyds assured me it would be fixed before six months were up, but it was a manual process to go through and work out the missing points, but couldn't tell me why new points were not being calculated either. I am now just waiting for my Oct statement.

My statement lists 0 points, so it's not like the points are being calculated and going to another avios.com account.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 5:45 am

It has been 8 months

I am in the same boat as the op.
I have been waiting for over 8 months, they have been keep extending the amount of time they need to sort it out.

My patience have now ran out. How can I take this further? Do you recommend small claims court?
Old Oct 11, 2017, 5:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by albpenny
i noticed the same yesterday, opened an online chat vith Lloyds support, they asked some questions, linked my account and avios and voucher appeared immediately in my avios.com account. Are you sure you don't have two avios accounts? Lloyds apparently opens one on your behalf when you get the card, so check that the details you use for your Lloyds card and your avios account match - if they're different, maybe Lloyds isn't picking it up to combine?
They did this for me right at the start and combined my accounts. This was about five months post getting my card. So I doubt if they'll have opened another account, though now that you mentioned this, I might call them again in the next couple of days to re-check.

Originally Posted by Deckard
I have a calendar reminder for next week when the six months they said it would take to sort it out expires. I’m still waiting on my upgrade voucher and my AVIOS. I have stopped using the cards though I will probably use the master card to pay my self assessment in January (early - thanks HFP for the heads up) to get another upgrade voucher.
I hope you get your upgrade voucher. I am due my avios and an upgrade voucher - still no sign of anything.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 5:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Lots of issue like this were reported on Head For Points. Raffles did an article about it a couple of months ago.

I had lots of issues myself when I first got one. It took a lot of emails / letters to get sorted (I think my issue was with bonus/sign-up points).

ETA : http://www.headforpoints.com/2017/04...ard-no-points/
Thanks for the link to HFP.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 6:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
My experience was Lloyds had randomly opened a new Avios.com account for me. 5 minutes on the online chat and they were merged.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 7:15 am

Programs: OW Saphire, Club Carlson Gold
Yup - its routine for Avios to open a 2nd account. Its a simple fix just find out the avios number from llyods that's the destination OR the avios call center can search on parameters and merge the accounts together. Have had to do this on practically every transfer partner.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 8:35 am

When Lloyds opened a duplicate avios.com account I received an email welcoming me to Avios.com. Points will also be showing on the statement. Mine has zero points even with spend, so there are two different issues here I guess.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 1:37 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue/Bronze, Krisflyer, Qantas
Yup,

1. Call Lloyds, they will confirm if your Avios are being sent by their system. If they're not, you need to wait upto 6 months for someone to investigate why not.

2. Check ALL the intricate details of your Avios account match Lloyds EXACTLY. Every single line of the address, character by character, first name, last name, email address etc. Correct all this before calling.

3. If Avios are posting by Lloyds, call Avios and explain the situation. They will need your current Avios account details and will then search for a duplicate account. If all the details match, they should hopefully find it (this will be where your Avios have been going). Merge is almost instant. Lloyds continue to post Avios to the duplicate account but since it's now linked, you'll see them land in your normal avios account too.

Note: Lloyds have very little access to any systems at all, so get as much info about your Lloyds account status before calling Avios.

Also: Sometimes your Lloyds will not be linked to an Avios account at all, in this situation you have to wait 6 months for someone to take a look. I'd expect this is because maybe they found more than 1 suitable Avios account, or the account they found was closed, negative balance, technical error, already attached to another Lloyds account etc although i'm just guessing
Old Oct 11, 2017, 1:55 pm

Programs: BAEC
Put your complaint in writing to their complaints service.
After 8 weeks if its unresolved go here - http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.u...complaints.htm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.