Old Oct 11, 2017, 5:04 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: EsherFlyer
Double Avios can be earned on up to eight sectors, on new flights only, booked after registration and flown before 31 December 2017. Double Avios will be awarded before any cabin or tier bonuses on all tickets except reward flights.

Airport Upgrade Promotion (AUP) sectors earn a bonus at the base level for the new cabin. For example, an original Euro Traveller fare that attracts 125 Avios will get 500 Avios as a bonus after AUP to Club Europe .
Print Wikipost

Double Avios Offer - Q4 2017

Old Oct 23, 2017, 1:56 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by Mountlodge
I've got quite a few planned LHR-GLA/EDI flights coming up over the next 9 weeks plus on the verge of booking CW to BKK EX-EU which if I'm going to accruing double Avios would be very nice indeed?

I've checked and have received nothing.

Any help would be appreciated.
TIA
ML
You can click on the link and register without having received the email. I have a vague recollection from the T&Cs, however, that the bonus only applies to the first 6 eligible sectors booked and flown after registration.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 2:57 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Sorry... just posting in a thread to 're-set my cookies' as advised by site admin.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 7:28 pm

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
My BAEC number was added at time of booking however I haven't yet registered for the offer as I need to change my address back to my U.K. Address.

I'm hoping I can do that before travel and stil Get the double points
Old Oct 24, 2017, 5:40 am

Programs: BA Bronze
I've been an idiot but may yet redeem myself.

I booked a flight just before I was emailed this promo- inconvenient. As I did not have any other travel planned I did not get around to clicking on the registration link... (you can see where I'm going with this!)

Cue last week I am suddenly flying long-haul in November. I book via work travel portal, then realise I hadn't registered for the promo I did so right away, and the potentially crucial thing is that it was in the period between me booking via work portal and actually being ticketed by BA. Does this mean I will get the bonus or not do you reckon?
Old Oct 24, 2017, 3:53 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
And, as seems typical for BA, no email confirmation.

I've added a wiki to the head of the thread to emphasise to new readers that this offer is for new bookings only.
Big shame this. The triple Avios offer last year was applied to all bookings, not just new ones.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 11:35 am

Do you qualify for the promotion if youre on an Iberia ticket (075) but on BA operated metal?

Palmer
Old Nov 29, 2017, 2:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Palmer
Do you qualify for the promotion if youre on an Iberia ticket (075) but on BA operated metal?
You haven't given enough detail for this question to be answered.
If BA marketed AND operated, then yes.
If NOT BA marketed AND operated, then no.

It is theoretically possible on certain routings for IB tickets (=075) to be issued for BA*BA journeys so you might qualify, though admittedly it's unlikely... but in this case only you can answer your own question!
Old Nov 29, 2017, 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by LordBuckethead
You haven't given enough detail for this question to be answered.
If BA marketed AND operated, then yes.
If NOT BA marketed AND operated, then no.

It is theoretically possible on certain routings for IB tickets (=075) to be issued for BA*BA journeys so you might qualify, though admittedly it's unlikely... but in this case only you can answer your own question!
I bought the tickets via the IB website. I was on BA475 (BCN-LHR) - operated by BA. My boarding pass shows BA475 sold as IB7458. I connected on to another BA flight - BA79 to MCT. Boarding pass shows BA79 sold as IB4807.

Palmer
Old Nov 29, 2017, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Palmer
I was on BA475 (BCN-LHR) - operated by BA. My boarding pass shows BA475 sold as IB7458. I connected on to another BA flight - BA79 to MCT. Boarding pass shows BA79 sold as IB4807.
Then neither flight was marketed by BA.
Palmer likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 4:43 pm

Programs: BA Gold. KrisFlyer Gold
If a booking initially made and ticketed before registering for the offer is re-ticketed after you've registered, is there any chance of getting the bonus Avios? I'm guessing not, and that it's the booking rather than final ticketing date that counts, but just thought I'd check with people who might have had a comparable experience.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 1:37 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
My double bonus had been coming through fine the day after each flight posted until about 6th Dec. Since then nothing (3 flights).
Anyone else had an issue?
Old Dec 21, 2017, 1:43 am

Originally Posted by GLABA
My double bonus had been coming through fine the day after each flight posted until about 6th Dec. Since then nothing (3 flights).
Anyone else had an issue?
Have you flown more than 10 flights? Only the first 10 are eligible for the bonus.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 1:57 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by Corpt

Have you flown more than 10 flights? Only the first 10 are eligible for the bonus.
It's only 8 sectors.

Double Avios can be earned on up to eight sectors on new flight bookings made after registration.

https://www.britishairways.com/trave...s&nocache=6939
Old Dec 21, 2017, 6:56 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Originally Posted by PETER01
It's only 8 sectors.

Double Avios can be earned on up to eight sectors on new flight bookings made after registration.

https://www.britishairways.com/trave...s&nocache=6939
Ah, thanks - thats it.
Managed to get something like 1,250 bonus points over those eight flights ><
PETER01 likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 9:11 am

Programs: BA Silver
Was just wondering how many sectors. Works out quite well as I have just flown number 7 and flying 8 on the 28th Dec. Some really short sectors but did manage a trip to Sin that got me about just under 13,000.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.