Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 11, 2017, 5:04 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: EsherFlyer
Double Avios can be earned on up to eight sectors, on new flights only, booked after registration and flown before 31 December 2017. Double Avios will be awarded before any cabin or tier bonuses on all tickets except reward flights.

Airport Upgrade Promotion (AUP) sectors earn a bonus at the base level for the new cabin. For example, an original Euro Traveller fare that attracts 125 Avios will get 500 Avios as a bonus after AUP to Club Europe .
Print Wikipost

Double Avios Offer - Q4 2017

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2017, 7:14 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Any idea if IB will run a parallel promotion? I'm right on the cusp of getting my IB status but I'd earn with BA once I'm there if it gets me more avios.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 8:19 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Got the email now too, and it's a shame I've booked my remaining flights for 2017 last week-end.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 9:27 am

Programs: BA GGL
I did not get an email but there was a "box" on my BAEC homepage.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 9:53 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

I received the e-mail and registered. Excellent timing as I have a few flights to book soon
Old Oct 11, 2017, 10:14 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Noooo! Booked a return to Singapore and 2 returns to Kiev 26 hours before I got the email.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 10:15 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, BA Amex PP
Received, not the best timing for me as just booked some flights in the last week!
Old Oct 11, 2017, 2:02 pm

Programs: BA, Marriott & SPG, Hilton, Avis
This is a link to the promotion on the home page:

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...clickpage=HOME
Old Oct 11, 2017, 5:58 pm

I'm struggling to understand how much really is the "double" miles. It says double is applied to the base miles only before tier and status bonus.

What is considered "base miles" for economy fare classes that earn less than 100% of miles flown? Say a particular flight earns 1,000 Avios at 100% of miles flown. So:

Prem Econ Lowest (E, T)
Normal = 1,000 Avios (100% of miles flown)
Promo = extra 1,000 Avios

Economy Flexible (Y, B, H)

Economy Low (K, L, M, N, S, V)
Normal = 500 Avios (50% of miles flown)
Promo = extra 500 Avios, or 1,000 Avios?

Economy Lowest (Q, O, G)
Normal = 250 Avios (25% of miles flown)
Promo = extra 250 Avios, or 1,000 Avios?

Can someone please confirm my questions in red above? Thanks.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 9:57 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Another BA offer that only serves to alienate me and not reward loyalty. A cynical measure to boost revenue rather than offer a nice bonus to much-maligned customers. At first I thought oh good, our BA flights for the rest of the year will deliver a nice Avios boost being premium cabins involving Singapore, Dubai and Abu Dhabi. However since they are already booked I guess we earn nothing.

Our most recent BA flight, LHR-SIN in WTP, saw cabin crew completely fail (apart from the poor CSM/D) to provide anything resembling service on our side of the cabin. Call bells went unanswered, water runs did not materialise and the crew were only interested in bullying passengers and telling them what not to do. It would have been nice to at least benefit from this avios promo but, as we booked in advance, we are left in the cold.

I can honestly say I do not remember a single BA promo over the past 3 or 4 years which has benefitted us. The Ts&Cs all serve to kill what seems an attractive headline.

I am looking forward to our Qatar flights in Business for our next trip to South East Asia in December which I booked yesterday and which I know will see us appreciated as customers. And which cost less than BA in WTP!
Old Oct 13, 2017, 7:10 am

Programs: BA Gold
I've used my BAEC to regiter for this offer, and have just priced up a complex mixed cabin multi leg ex-DUB journey with matrix. Will I still get the double avios if I book with an online TA (thru bookwithmatrix). I realise I can probably ring BA to replicate my journey but it would just be hassle.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 8:57 am

Originally Posted by RedDevil83
I've used my BAEC to regiter for this offer, and have just priced up a complex mixed cabin multi leg ex-DUB journey with matrix. Will I still get the double avios if I book with an online TA (thru bookwithmatrix). I realise I can probably ring BA to replicate my journey but it would just be hassle.
Yes. Unless it's an inclusive-tour/bulk-tour fare (ask your agent).

For ease, just book with BA.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 10:17 am

Programs: BA,Amex,Hilton,Hyatt,SPG
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
I'm struggling to understand how much really is the "double" miles. It says double is applied to the base miles only before tier and status bonus.

What is considered "base miles" for economy fare classes that earn less than 100% of miles flown? Say a particular flight earns 1,000 Avios at 100% of miles flown. So:

Prem Econ Lowest (E, T)

Economy Flexible (Y, B, H)

Economy Low (K, L, M, N, S, V)
Normal = 500 Avios (50% of miles flown)
Promo = extra 500 Avios, or 1,000 Avios?

Economy Lowest (Q, O, G)
Normal = 250 Avios (25% of miles flown)
Promo = extra 250 Avios, or 1,000 Avios?

Can someone please confirm my questions in red above? Thanks.
Your Avios will be get doubled up to 100% based on your credited base miles!
So only 250 if 25% (of 1000) or 500 if 50% (of 1000).
Anything else above 100% will get you only 100% (double) Avios (of your base miles)
Old Oct 14, 2017, 1:22 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver (but only temporarily) AVIS Presidents Club, Starbucks Gold
Is registration by invitation only?

I've got quite a few planned LHR-GLA/EDI flights coming up over the next 9 weeks plus on the verge of booking CW to BKK EX-EU which if I'm going to accruing double Avios would be very nice indeed?

I've checked and have received nothing.

Any help would be appreciated.
TIA
ML
Old Oct 14, 2017, 1:25 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver (but only temporarily) AVIS Presidents Club, Starbucks Gold
Is registration by invitation only? (Part 2)

With reference to my previous query, went to the BA site, tried to register, and said I was not eligble? Would no be curious to know why? Anyone any ideas please?

TIA
ML
Old Oct 15, 2017, 12:46 am

Originally Posted by Mountlodge
With reference to my previous query, went to the BA site, tried to register, and said I was not eligble? Would no be curious to know why? Anyone any ideas please?
Normally if it is shown on the website, anyone is eligible. Perhaps your BAEC address is under one of the ineligible countries per the T&Cs?

"The offer is open to Executive Club members in all countries, except USA, Canada, Mexico and South Africa."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.