Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 11, 2017, 5:04 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: EsherFlyer
Double Avios can be earned on up to eight sectors, on new flights only, booked after registration and flown before 31 December 2017. Double Avios will be awarded before any cabin or tier bonuses on all tickets except reward flights.

Airport Upgrade Promotion (AUP) sectors earn a bonus at the base level for the new cabin. For example, an original Euro Traveller fare that attracts 125 Avios will get 500 Avios as a bonus after AUP to Club Europe .
Print Wikipost

Double Avios Offer - Q4 2017

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2017, 2:43 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Double Avios Offer - Q4 2017

Not as generous as previous triple Avios offers, but I've had an email with details of a double Avios offer for bookings made and travelled on or before 31 December 2017.

You need to register for the offer. The doubling up is only on the base Avios (mileage in otherwords), not for the cabin and status bonuses, so relatively speaking someone travelling without status in WT to Australia does relatively well on this offer.

The Q1 2017 offer information is here, it probably answers most questions:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ar-2017-a.html

Vueling Avios is also live as of last night and there is a Double Avios launch offer there. If you had Punto Points you should see them converted to Avios on a fairly generous 9 for 1 basis, which one can presumably transfer over to BA/IB.

Last edited by corporate-wage-slave; Oct 11, 2017 at 4:01 am Reason: Vueling Avios
Old Oct 11, 2017, 2:48 am

Programs: Mucci, BA GGL/CCR
I've just got this offer too, quite timely as I have a lot of travel to book and fly over the next few weeks.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 2:50 am

Programs: Some
I also have it on my account but didn't get an email yet. Interestingly, I can't see a book after date in the T&Cs, so might apply to existing bookings this time - just the requirement to 'pre-register' but not 100% clear on wording if this is possibly before the booking or just before the flight.

Ah, scatch this, the landing page says - "Double Avios can be earned on up to eight sectors, on new flights only, booked after registration and flown before 31 December 2017. Double Avios will be awarded before any cabin or tier bonuses on all tickets except reward flights."

Last edited by lost_in_translation; Oct 11, 2017 at 3:06 am
Old Oct 11, 2017, 2:57 am

Programs: BA Gold (Oh yeah!)
Wink

Thanks for this as have a LAX flight to book for later this month.

Is it rude to point out an error in a CWS post, or more so a rights of passage on Flyertalk. I think you mean flights taken before Jan 2018 and not 2017
Old Oct 11, 2017, 3:04 am
dsf

Programs: Nowt of note.
Originally Posted by adieacc
Thanks for this as have a LAX flight to book for later this month.

Is it rude to point out an error in a CWS post, or more so a rights of passage on Flyertalk. I think you mean flights taken before Jan 2018 and not 2017
Is it doubly rude to point out the email actually says December 2017?
Old Oct 11, 2017, 3:04 am

"a BA prefix on a transatlantic flight between Europe and North America operated by BA, American Airlines (AA), Iberia (IB) or Finnair (AY) between the Europe, Norway, Switzerland and North America, Mexico and Puerto Rico"

Come again?
Old Oct 11, 2017, 3:11 am

Programs: BA GGL. Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold
Very frustrating. Just booked all my flights until the end of the year and checking the T&C's, I will not be eligible. Such short notice for these promotions just encourages me to book last minute in the future.
Markie likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 3:14 am
V10

Programs: MUCCI Gold
Originally Posted by LHRagain
Very frustrating. Just booked all my flights until the end of the year and checking the T&C's, I will not be eligible. Such short notice for these promotions just encourages me to book last minute in the future.
And what happens to fares when you do that?

BA aren't stupid.
Cymro likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 3:16 am

Originally Posted by LHRagain
Agreed that a little more notice would be nice, but BA seem to like the element of surprise! As someone using BA pretty much exclusively for short CE and flights to the East Coast of the US these days I'm not missing out on much at least.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 3:22 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Wonder whether you would be awarded points if you already bought tickets, but get re-ticketed during promotion period?
Old Oct 11, 2017, 3:22 am

Programs: Meh
If I could ever use Avios for places I want to go this may tempt.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 3:24 am

Originally Posted by nufnuf77
Wonder whether you would be awarded points if you already bought tickets, but get re-ticketed during promotion period?
Highly doubt it - the last time this promotion ran, I was not awarded points for itineraries booked outside, but travelled inside the promotion window. BA's systems seem to be able to cope with this.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 3:30 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Not as generous as previous triple Avios offers, but I've had an email with details of a double Avios offer for bookings made and travelled on or before 31 January 2017.
Typo or time traveller? Actually given how much you get around I suspect you may well be Dr Who.

Anyhow my email is for new booking which must be flown before :

31 December 2017

Also, as it's really not that clear, this is double the Y earning rate?
Old Oct 11, 2017, 3:41 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by rossmacd
Highly doubt it - the last time this promotion ran, I was not awarded points for itineraries booked outside, but travelled inside the promotion window. BA's systems seem to be able to cope with this.
What I mean though is if I re-ticket (change stuff, move flights around, upgrade, etc...) within a promo period. Not sure BA system would be able to pick up original ticketing date, especially if many changes are made
Old Oct 11, 2017, 3:52 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
What I mean though is if I re-ticket (change stuff, move flights around, upgrade, etc...) within a promo period. Not sure BA system would be able to pick up original ticketing date, especially if many changes are made
I seem to recall that for a booking I UUA-ed which triggered a re-ticket, I didn't see bonus point in the Q1 promo.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.