Gold !!!!

Old Oct 11, 2017, 2:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
Gold !!!!

Today I woke up to see my account had turned into a lovely new colour .... I am one happy bunny. I would never have gone for it without all the great and informative information and assistance from the best BA forum on the planet - thanks to everyone!

Since I make the BRU <> LHR trip all the time, I decided to just increase the rate to achieve the 19 flights required for the status. Last January I booked almost all of them in one shot, since the prices were incredibly cheap. So it worked out that I paid 208.03 for each flight making the total cost to achieve gold to be 3952.57. To me that sounds like good value for money, especially with no tier point runs involved. Is that a fair assumption to make?

Now ... time to change the rest of my flights from 2F to 1F (dont know why I prefer the right side of the cabin ....).

Thanks again !
Old Oct 11, 2017, 2:13 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK Gold, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by ReynoldsNumber
Today I woke up to see my account had turned into a lovely new colour .... I am one happy bunny. I would never have gone for it without all the great and informative information and assistance from the best BA forum on the planet - thanks to everyone!

Since I make the BRU <> LHR trip all the time, I decided to just increase the rate to achieve the 19 flights required for the status. Last January I booked almost all of them in one shot, since the prices were incredibly cheap. So it worked out that I paid 208.03 for each flight making the total cost to achieve gold to be 3952.57. To me that sounds like good value for money, especially with no tier point runs involved. Is that a fair assumption to make?

Now ... time to change the rest of my flights from 2F to 1F (dont know why I prefer the right side of the cabin ....).

Thanks again !
Great value for regular commute! Enjoy Gold!
Old Oct 11, 2017, 2:16 am

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis Presidents Club

Thanks again !
Congrats and don't forget to update your "About Me" details.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 2:30 am

Programs: BA bronze, Hertz pres circle, Marriott Platinum, hilton diamond
I better pile on here also, adding my congratulations and also my thanks to the regulars here. I'm flying in F lhr-las-lhr (for 2k!!) and the outbound gets me to gold for the first time. Best part is the inbound is 1 day after my tier point reset so I get off to a flying start on the requalification too
Old Oct 11, 2017, 2:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Welcome to GOLD, especially since you've done it the hard way

I fully agree with thanking the folks here. Without this amazing knowledge bank, we would never have been Gold either, or visited Hawaii

T8191 ... recently renewed
Old Oct 11, 2017, 3:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by johnaalex
Congrats and don't forget to update your "About Me" details.
Thanks - updated!
Old Oct 11, 2017, 3:25 am
Original Poster

Thank you all !
Old Oct 11, 2017, 6:07 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, HH Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Diamond Elite
Welcome to the club!
Old Oct 11, 2017, 6:16 am

Programs: HH Diamond; BA Gold
They say good things happen in threes...

Woke up to my app informing me that I'd reached gold threshold after many years of languishing at silver. Very happy although a few days ago would have been better as I fly home tonight from Manila via Doha so still show as silver. Damn Qatar's weekly posting!

It'll be a few months until I get to use my new status as I am now grounded by my regulator since she's due to provide me with another heir next month.

Cheers all!
Old Oct 11, 2017, 6:22 am

Programs: BA Gold, DL PM, , Hilton Diamond (from being in a bed), SPG Plat, MR Plat
Originally Posted by gcampbell

It'll be a few months until I get to use my new status as I am now grounded by my regulator since she's due to provide me with another heir next month.
Congrats on both accounts then!!
Old Oct 11, 2017, 6:31 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
My congratulations to ReynoldsNumber, aceman and gcampbell for their shiny new status cards. I hope this will make your future travels more interesting.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 6:40 am

Programs: BA Gold, ELAL Top Platinum
The family just keeps growing....
Old Oct 11, 2017, 6:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
I got Gold last week as well.

Already got my 'Hillergram' as well !
Old Oct 11, 2017, 6:43 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
Originally Posted by tedcruz
The family just keeps growing....
That's an interesting question. Is there any historical data on the number of golds? Is the number rising due to cheap TP fares, or falling due to perceived falling standards?

Not a loaded question, just wondering?
Old Oct 11, 2017, 6:57 am

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
Today I woke up to see my account had turned into a lovely new colour ....

Thanks again !
Always believe in your soul.....you've got the power to know.....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.