GGL Ritz do tonight (10/10)

Old Oct 11, 2017, 5:18 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by HIDDY
FT BAEC Goldies are more familiar with being served Arabic dates and coffee.
FT Golds tend to fly on BA metal - and they're more used to Hawaiian Fresh Juices.

FT GGL/CCR holders however...well I definitely prefer dates and Arabic coffee

M
HIDDY and crazyanglaisy like this.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
IIRC, this is the event that was to introduce the new wines that will soon appear in First and Club World.
I am pretty sure the Hahn was served on my recent flight in CW instead of the three counties which was listed on the menu. Either way, it's not very nice.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 1:10 am

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
A comfort food option is a very welcome addition to the First menu, discussions Ive had with crew on board have confirmed that regulars like such an option. I often choose the comfort food option, especially if Ive had to eat at restaurants for quite a few days in a row - a burger, bowl of pasta/risotto or bangers and mash often does the trick. Something not too rich but satisfying.
Precisely that (especially, as you say, at the end of a trip).

Also, while going for gold on the high end side of the catering is laudable, we know it's a challenge at altitude and in those galleys, so for me there's also something to be said for having something on the menu that is very consistent and that is hard to mess up. Going for an 'interesting' menu choice in J or F only for it to turn out to be cr@p is a bore on a long flight.

Love em or hate em, this is a big part of why Starbucks, Mc D etc do well - people know precisely what they'll get.

Don't get me wrong - wouldn't want ALL safe choices...
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 1:56 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

IIRC, this is the event that was to introduce the new wines that will soon appear in First and Club World.
Any sign of the DP 2008 P2 that was rumoured?
Old Oct 12, 2017, 2:58 am

Programs: Meh
A comfort food option is a very welcome addition to the First menu, discussions Ive had with crew on board have confirmed that regulars like such an option. I often choose the comfort food option, especially if Ive had to eat at restaurants for quite a few days in a row - a burger, bowl of pasta/risotto or bangers and mash often does the trick. Something not too rich but satisfying.
So do what CX J has been doing for years. Revolutionary.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 4:11 am

Did you intentionally leave out chicken tikka masala?
Old Oct 12, 2017, 4:34 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold
The Hahn an odd selection, when there are others easily accessible. Flounge this morning offering a Creation 2016 Pinot from SA which is delicious (and for the price wary, in the 25 bucks a bottle range)
Old Oct 12, 2017, 6:41 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Any sign of the DP 2008 P2 that was rumoured?
I've not heard anything of this apart from what Ive read on FT, on all my flights its been the delicious LPGS.

Originally Posted by stevie
So do what CX J has been doing for years. Revolutionary.
Which is?
Old Oct 13, 2017, 1:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: GGL, BA Lifetime Gold
BTW no one seems to have mentioned that the party bag on leaving contained a bottle of Grand Siecle in a nice presentation box. Not a bad gift to take home.

This was of course an evening that started with dinking unlimited GS from magnums so a fitting reminder.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 4:50 am

Programs: BA Gold (OneWorld Emerald)
Did all the food get cleared away at exactly 10pm as it was no longer appropriate for the time of day?
ajamieson likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 5:23 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by ManchesterBDFlyer
Did all the food get cleared away at exactly 10pm as it was no longer appropriate for the time of day?
Old Oct 14, 2017, 3:26 pm

Programs: Alaskans fly everywhere on any aircraft going there!
I'm wondering who actually footed the bill....my guess would be that BA put a small amount into the pot at most and the wineries picked up the rest. It would be interesting to know......
Old Oct 14, 2017, 6:07 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold;BA GGL; hhonors lifetime diamond; Marriott lt Gold; IH Plat Amb; Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by Omba
Jeez........7 years a GGL and never a sniff of an invitation to any such event.
Four years for me and I have never got one either :-(
Old Oct 15, 2017, 3:28 am

Programs: BA GGL; Hilton Diamond
I was invited to one in the first year I was GGL. I won a hamper in the raffle. But Ive not been invited since!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.