Search

GGL treatment in TLV

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2017, 10:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGLfL
GGL treatment in TLV

Hi,

Am flying to TLV next month. Just wondered if there was help with immigration for GGLs on the way in similar to the Marhaba service in Dubai?

Thanks
Old Oct 8, 2017, 10:38 am

Programs: BA Gold. KrisFlyer Gold
Originally Posted by Lolbert
Hi,

Am flying to TLV next month. Just wondered if there was help with immigration for GGLs on the way in similar to the Marhaba service in Dubai?

Thanks
I have never experienced any special treatment here, though I've only been through TLV once since becoming GGL.

I would imagine that, if you're a typical GGL who has spent short amounts of time in a wide range of cities around the world, you're more likely to be barcoded down one of the extra security check routes through departures. For me, at least, the very sensible reasons I gave for why I had spent but a day in Qatar and Jakarta failed to have much weight with the security officers who screened me
Old Oct 8, 2017, 10:46 am

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
Been through twice, no special services for GGL.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 10:46 am

Programs: Deliveroo Plus
Hi, as a frequent user of TLV I can tell you there are no BA personal on the ground, the service is actually quite poor so you can forget any of the perks you usually get such as priority boarding etc and have access to a mediocre lounge operated only for BA passengers though.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 11:35 am

Programs: BA Gold, ELAL Top Platinum
Nothing special for any Exec club member, never mind status in TLV!!! Staff are moody and are close to clueless as what to do when boarding...
Old Oct 8, 2017, 12:03 pm

Programs: BA GGL & CCR, GFL
Originally Posted by Lolbert
Hi,

Thanks
Hasn't this ended in Dubai?
Old Oct 8, 2017, 12:17 pm

a few of these type of companies operate in TLV-

Have used 1, cant remember if was this one. Used when travelling with kids. Otherwise seems a little wasteful.

http://israelwelcome.com/airportvipservice.htm
Old Oct 8, 2017, 12:22 pm

This thread, from earlier this year, may provide additional information on the immigration and departure security arrangements at TLV: What to expect LHR-TLV 1st?

While the airport does sell a VIP service for both arrival and departure, I wouldn't pay for it myself, and am really unsure it provides much value for money. As inferred upthread, this is not paid for by BA.

On departure, BA use the Dan+ lounge. Its pretty middle of the road: a mostly quiet place to sit, but the food selection isn't extensive, and its oddly split into two rooms (I prefer the one furthest from the reception, without the buffet). First/Club/GCH and SCH have access to any available seats - I've never seen one of the rooms reserved for First/GCH, although it seems that many of my trips out have been on the 788.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 4:28 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
If you are young single travelling male passenger, expect them to pull you aside and question you. I've experienced this myself even with the right paperwork.
Also, if you have a stamp from another middle eastern country, they will question you. If you are planning on visiting other middle eastern countries after Israel, then get immigration to the stamp your Boarding Pass or on a piece of paper (not your passport).
Old Oct 8, 2017, 4:54 pm

Programs: BAEC Gfl, GGL
Originally Posted by AdBoy
Hasn't this ended in Dubai?

Correct, the Marhaba service is no longer offered for GGLs
Old Oct 8, 2017, 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by Fontana
If you are young single travelling male passenger, expect them to pull you aside and question you. I've experienced this myself even with the right paperwork.
Also, if you have a stamp from another middle eastern country, they will question you. If you are planning on visiting other middle eastern countries after Israel, then get immigration to the stamp your Boarding Pass or on a piece of paper (not your passport).
i don't think immigration stamp anyone's passport any more, now that they hand out those pink and blue tickets on entry and exit.

I only have stamps from the UAE but I do have quite a few of them and I've had no questions on my recent couple of visits, so it doesn't always mean problems.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 5:57 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by windowontheAside
i don't think immigration stamp anyone's passport any more, now that they hand out those pink and blue tickets on entry and exit.

I only have stamps from the UAE but I do have quite a few of them and I've had no questions on my recent couple of visits, so it doesn't always mean problems.
Good to know the process has changed. Its been several years since my last visit.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 1:45 am

Programs: BA Gold
I found immigration/security super easy on my last visit to TLV despite what some have said before. That being said saying I was visiting for Pride when asked probably marked me as low risk
Old Oct 9, 2017, 2:04 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hotels.com Gold
Originally Posted by Fontana

if you are travelling on business I would recommend getting two passports (assuming you are from the UK). One for Israel and one for other middle eastern countries.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 3:16 am

Originally Posted by GlasgowCyclops
if you are travelling on business I would recommend getting two passports (assuming you are from the UK). One for Israel and one for other middle eastern countries.
I don't think that's as straightforward as it used to be, or indeed necessary.

It's no longer a slam-dunk reason for getting a second British passport, as Israel a) hasn't stamped passports for several years now and b) doesn't really care about other ME stamps. There are plenty of blogs on the net saying it's a problem, but most seem to be simply reporting out of date stuff without checking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.