Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 29, 2017, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: madfish
I've mentioned the idea of a CCR DO a couple of times, and there seems to be interest in the idea.

Doing a B2B would be the best way to all meet up, and a trip to AMS or elsewhere could be done in a morning.

Would CCR holders rather have a DO during the WEEK or WEEKEND? Please mark your preference below:

WEEKDAY
hsmall
Upupintheair
crazyarmadillo +1 (also CCR holder)

WEEKEND
msm2000uk
brightstar100
TravellerFrequently+1 (also CCR holder)
nufnuf77
crazyarmadillo
fitch
onobond
KARFA
pjh981
oxtailsoup

CCR Meet-Up Friday 24th August 2018

Attendees
madfish
Print Wikipost

Concorde Room Card

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2017, 12:55 pm

Programs: BAEC GCH
Originally Posted by Cymro
A realistic minimum for a CCR holder who doesn't get there primarily from TP runs would be £15-20k of spend, based on £3/TP and a monthly ex-EU to the Far East on QR/AY, etc. with some short-haul flying.
I'd agree that TP runs *can* get you there relatively cheaply but (based on my experience) would be highly surprised if the "average" CCR holder is spending anything close to £15-20k. I spend more than that on J/F to the FE and ME and this year only just made Gold! (by 10 TPs!)

Maybe one day, I'll manage to improve my TP-efficiency, but I expect most CCR holder just fly very many simple direct flights in premium seats.

My boss once told me about the day they sent him a CCR card (having had no knowledge of such things). He is likely to have been spending £100K+ in those days (He was most disappointed when he was turned away a year later and not in F with a "I'm sorry sir, but your card has expired")
Old Oct 26, 2017, 1:02 pm

Programs: BAEC GCH
And by "average" I mean average of CCR holders not on FT!
Old Oct 26, 2017, 1:43 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by Airprox
450? Where did the other 50 go?
Well as the estimates range from 400-500, I took the middle ground and went for 450.

M
Old Oct 26, 2017, 2:11 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey
Next Friday - 3rd
Originally Posted by Diver Boy
I'll be there in the morning of the 3rd as on a lunch time flight, likely to be closest to any Do I might get to in the next year as may be posted to Australia in the New Year for 12 months, in that case will lose the CCR card.
The OH and I will be in the CCR for a lunch time flight so will likely miss the Filthy Monkey CCR session, unfortunately.

Looks like we should be there at the same time as Diver Boy, so perhaps we can have a very Mini Do?

Anyone else around in the AM on Friday 3rd?
Old Oct 26, 2017, 2:45 pm

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by foolonthehill
I'd agree that TP runs *can* get you there relatively cheaply but (based on my experience) would be highly surprised if the "average" CCR holder is spending anything close to £15-20k. I spend more than that on J/F to the FE and ME and this year only just made Gold! (by 10 TPs!)

Maybe one day, I'll manage to improve my TP-efficiency, but I expect most CCR holder just fly very many simple direct flights in premium seats.

My boss once told me about the day they sent him a CCR card (having had no knowledge of such things). He is likely to have been spending £100K+ in those days (He was most disappointed when he was turned away a year later and not in F with a "I'm sorry sir, but your card has expired")
I've no doubt that you're right - most will spend more than that, but my point is more that, if you're not TP running it, but are actively focusing your travel on one alliance, and regularly travel far enough in premium cabins to places you want to go, you *still* have to spend £15-20k. At that level, you're probably not troubling that many oversold cabins, so at least it's all incremental revenue.

Even then, £15k of spend wouldn't justify BA offering the benefits of the CCR outside F travel. I'm sure the average is probably north of £10/TP.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 3:45 pm

Programs: BAEC GfL/GGL/CCR, BA Amex, Quidco, IHG Spire, Hotels.com Reinstated Gold)
+1 more too.

There would be another for a travelling colleague but he laughs at FT, until I astound/bore him with arcane knowledge picked up here.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 3:52 pm

Programs: EK Platinum, FB Ulti PFL, Marriott Ambassador, IHG Spire RA
Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently
Will be there in the very early morning, arriving from Accra and transiting to the 8:15 flight to Amsterdam.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 3:53 pm

And me. But card expiring at end of year and won't be renewed.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 4:01 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by HaikoW
Will be there in the very early morning, arriving from Accra and transiting to the 8:15 flight to Amsterdam.
Should be around early so should be able to meet for a drink.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 1:17 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH D, QFF, EB
The OH and I will be in the CCR for a lunch time flight so will likely miss the Filthy Monkey CCR session, unfortunately.

Looks like we should be there at the same time as Diver Boy, so perhaps we can have a very Mini Do?

Should be around early so should be able to meet for a drink.
on

I'm planning to get there early to complete some work but able to meet up for a drink.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 8:38 am

Programs: UA 1K, BA GGL/CCR, TK Elite Plus, Marriott Gold4Lyfe, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Tesco Blue
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Quick coffee break and chucked the following together... only including those who list "CCR" or have commented they are CCR.. plenty more out there I don't think 100 is far fetched. I think the total number of people getting 5000 TPs a year is several times 4-500 though..

Airprox
alexwuk
baflyer123
Beaulieu
bjorns
brentford77
brightstar100
bullroot
Carl10022
CCayley
chris1979
corporate-wage-slave
crazyanglaisy
crazyarmadillo + 1
Diver Boy
DoctorCopper
dylanks
El_Duderito
Filthy Monkey
flying_pig
frasier
Frequent_Flyer1
furryman
GavB
GinFizz
golfmad
goodison
gorps1
HaikoW
HFHFFlyer
HighLife
IThink
Jamier45
jason8612
KARFA
Koru Flyer
Lolbert
lorcancoyle
MANtraveller
mikebg
Mike P
msm2000uk
navylad
onobond
opalfruit
orbitmic
our_kid
oxtailsoup
pablol
Pilot37
pjh981
rjn21
Rubecula
Schiehallion
scillyisles + 1
skippythelizard
Tobias-UK
TonyHancock
TravellerFrequently
Upupintheair
wmaciej
xenole
Me, and my S.O., should be added too.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 9:43 am

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
mikeyfly looks like you need another coffee break. List needs updating again
Old Oct 27, 2017, 9:44 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
This club seems to be getting less and less exclusive by the day!
Old Oct 27, 2017, 10:08 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR
Done both

Airprox
xenole
plus 1
have updated my profile too...
Old Oct 27, 2017, 10:37 am

Programs: ExecutiveClub GGL/CCR MileagePlus 1K FLyingBlue GOld
Smile

Quick coffee break and chucked the following together... only including those who list "CCR" or have commented they are CCR.. plenty more out there I don't think 100 is far fetched. I think the total number of people getting 5000 TPs a year is several times 4-500 though..

Airprox
alexwuk
baflyer123
Beaulieu
bjorns
brentford77
brightstar100
bullroot
Carl10022
CCayley
chris1979
corporate-wage-slave
crazyanglaisy
crazyarmadillo + 1
Diver Boy
DoctorCopper
dylanks
El_Duderito
Filthy Monkey
flying_pig
frasier
Frequent_Flyer1
furryman
GavB
GinFizz
golfmad
goodison
gorps1
HaikoW
HFHFFlyer
HighLife
IThink
Jamier45
jason8612
KARFA
Koru Flyer
Lolbert
lorcancoyle
MANtraveller
mikebg
Mike P
msm2000uk
navylad
onobond
opalfruit
orbitmic
our_kid
oxtailsoup
pablol
Pilot37
pjh981
rjn21
Rubecula
Schiehallion
scillyisles + 1
skippythelizard
Tobias-UK
TonyHancock
TravellerFrequently
Upupintheair
wmaciej
xenole
me too!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.