Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA not honouring 'mistake' F fare to Equador

BA not honouring 'mistake' F fare to Equador

Old Oct 6, 2017, 3:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
This has nothing to do with BA and everything to do with the clear record that you have made here on FT to the effect that you knew, at the time you booked, that it was a mistake fare.

No matter what the situation is for the other routes you cite and the fact that there may be dirt cheap fares to TOM (Timbuktu in case you aren't intimately familiar with IATA codes!), in this particular situation, you took a no cost gamble and did not succeed.
madfish likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 3:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Edgerfly
Not the first time I’ve been stalked and attacked about my posts all around flyertalk from BA apologists on this forum so I’m use to this behavior.

Go to the premium fare deals now, BA/AA are offering a $1500 fare from CAI-HNL right now. Is that a mistake fare too? I guess it’s not until BA decides it is.
How is it "stalking" to look at other relevant posts by a poster on a subject

It seems to me, from posts around, that none actually believed it to be a genuine fare

Are you claiming , that despite posts made, that you genuinely believed that not to be a mistake fare?

Cairo is a completely different market to London plus this is business class and not a 1st class fare ; the 1st class fare is $4,341
scubaccr and madfish like this.

Last edited by Dave Noble; Oct 6, 2017 at 3:26 pm
Old Oct 6, 2017, 3:22 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Not the first time Ive been stalked and attacked about my posts all around flyertalk from BA apologists on this forum so Im use to this behavior.

Go to the premium fare deals now, BA/AA are offering a $1500 fare from CAI-HNL right now. Is that a mistake fare too? I guess its not until BA decides it is.
Not apologists but realists who cannot be fooled by those who would like to think they know better than everybody else.

And, as has been pointed out previously, I am sure that the fare you refer to is in J, it is not ex-LHR and is still more than the mistake fare you so willingly tried to purchase knowing full well it was not valid. And that's without taking account of the poor state of the Egyptian economy and the impact this has on fares.

But don't let any of this get in the way of your pursuit of a remedy. Personally I would
love for BA to counter claim against all those who they can prove knowingly attempted to purchase the error fare and are trying to enforce it. To me there is only one greedy side in all of this and it isn't BA. I have no sympathy for those who brought this fare and had it cancelled as suspect 99.9% only did so because they saw a deal too good to be true.

And for the the record I was awake at the time and did look at it and could have purchased, but really had no desire to go to GYE irrespective of the cost.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 3:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: AS MVPGold75K, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Pan Am million-miler
Actually only 50% of the itinerary is F, the rest is J. There’s no reason to immidiately assume it was immidiately a mistake fare. I was being told by others who’ve done this before me it’s a mistake fare which is why I didn’t book anything non-refundable. And you all act as if BA F is some holy grail. It’s nothing more than a good business class seat anyway. Most everyone would rather fly AA J across the pond. I know I would.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 3:57 pm

They cannot go back 60 hours later and say, well we decided we dont like the price, so now were gonna cancel it. If it it was 12 hours or within the 24 hour window we are provided, then I would have no problem with their cancellation.

The point is they cant arbitrarily decide the rules.
Sounds like that will be for a judge to decide when you follow it up.
Edgerfly likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 3:58 pm

Programs: Yorkshire Coastliner
Actually only 50% of the itinerary is F, the rest is J. Theres no reason to immidiately assume it was immidiately a mistake fare. I was being told by others whove done this before me its a mistake fare which is why I didnt book anything non-refundable. And you all act as if BA F is some holy grail. Its nothing more than a good business class seat anyway. Most everyone would rather fly AA J across the pond. I know I would.
Oh don't come the raw prawn man! You knew it was a mistake fare. Move on.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 4:05 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Actually only 50% of the itinerary is F, the rest is J. Theres no reason to immidiately assume it was immidiately a mistake fare. I was being told by others whove done this before me its a mistake fare which is why I didnt book anything non-refundable. And you all act as if BA F is some holy grail. Its nothing more than a good business class seat anyway. Most everyone would rather fly AA J across the pond. I know I would.
Well if that's the way you feel you've had a lucky escape. Good luck with finding an equivalent flight on AA for anything like this. But then you would already have known that before you brought your ticket.

Perhaps it is time we stopped feeding the trolls.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 4:07 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by patgarrett
Oh don't come the raw prawn man! You knew it was a mistake fare. Move on.
With all the cheap J and upgradable J fares BA publishes across the globe (you can go look now at the premium fare section of MR) it was not clear. It obviously wasnt too clear to BA either if it took them almost three days to send out a letter.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 4:09 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by madfish
Well if that's the way you feel you've had a lucky escape. Good luck with finding an equivalent flight on AA for anything like this. But then you would already have known that before you brought your ticket.

Perhaps it is time we stopped feeding the trolls.
Sure your countries airline is great with 8 across in J, no internet access, old planes, and some of the worst customer service in probably the entire industry.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 4:12 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

With all the cheap J and upgradable J fares BA publishes across the globe (you can go look now at the premium fare section of MR) it was not clear. It obviously wasnt too clear to BA either if it took them almost three days to send out a letter.
Boring. As mentioned previously the fare was pulled within hours of becoming available/known about. Keep clutching at those straws - if you get enough of them you could tie them together and make a raft to sail across the ocean on.
Airprox likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 4:12 pm

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
Sure your countries airline is great with 8 across in J, no internet access, old planes, and some of the worst customer service in probably the entire industry.
Not allllll the tickets got cancelled... you just need to know how to make it complicated and no I won't explain on a public forum as then that little loophole gets closed too.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 4:15 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

So many mistakes in your posts it is hard to know where to begin in correcting you. But if you keep telling yourself you're right I'm sure you'll convince yourself eventually.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 4:15 pm

Programs: BAEC, Flying Blue, Eurobonus
In my business, we have someone prepare the work, then someone checks the work, then someone approves the work. If after all this we find we have made a mistake, then we commit to fixing the problem at no cost to the customer (and we do not cancel orders)

Call it ethics, integrity - whatever you like. However we would honour the customer order.

It does teach you to be carefull from the outset - but you do get kudos from the client for standing up and taking control of the situation instead of wimping out of the deal.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 4:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I know nothing about such things but is there not some software/whatever they could use to prevent such mistake fares from ever going public?
That's the part in this I always find strange.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 4:22 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

@Scrudgy Although I can agree with the sentiment of what you are saying, would it be likely that any mistake would be exploited by hundreds of people almost simultaneously? That is what happened here with potential costs/lost revenue amount to many thousands.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.