Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Pre-Christmas London Drinks : Friday 15 December 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 6, 2017, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: teledude

Venue
Now confirmed! Please note change of venue, we are no longer at Mayfair Exchange this year. teledude spoke with the manager of the venue and it is all booked now:

Union Bar
88-90 George Street
London
W1U 8PA
Map
We will be downstairs in the private room.

Nearest tubes are Bond Street or Baker Street.

There won't be any food provided as part of the Do, but the bar does have a bar snacks and food menu which you can order from if you need some nibbles.

Hotels
Current sales

Attendees - updated to post 155

Confirmed (47):
aks120, atcer28, Calchas, CaroFos, chris1979, EI147, florens, florens+1, flygirl68, Forever in Seattle, GadgetGal, GodAtum, Gomac, Gomac+1, gtr_skyline, howarsan, johnaalex, LondonAndy, Lord Jon, Lucanesque, MarkedMan, megaloman, mrgadgetuk, MrMutton, nh1980, nick.t.davies, OldFruity, OnslowSW7, OverTheHorizon, Physci, robertf999, small_clanger, spotwelder, Starship73, stevieed, SWISSBOBBY, SWISSBOBBY+1, teledude, TheRiverCard, tomparskate, TPRun, Upupintheair, Upupintheair+1, Whiskarina, Wozza2404, YacozA, Ziz

Possibles (11):
angeloedades, bettertoturnleftthanright, Chris_G, Cris L, EuropeanPete, Fontana, haasha, lost_in_translation, ng1265, Yahillwe, Jimmie76.

All confirmed/possibles: please fill in the form to get your name badge printed! (See post for details)

Print Wikipost

Pre-Christmas London Drinks : Friday 15 December 2017

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2017, 2:34 pm

Damn, another one I will have to miss. I won't be back from Boston until Sat 16th. I will however ensure I drink as much as all of you - 5-6 hours in F is hardly worth the sleep!
Old Oct 7, 2017, 2:37 pm

Programs: Meow Mix
Put me in as a maybe for now - just need to organise my logistics. I should be heading to LHR that night ready for an ARN weekend so can definitely drop by depending what time I finish work.

Originally Posted by Fitch
It's been a couple of years since I was on the right continent at the right time for one of these so will definitely try and make it
Originally Posted by florens
Yes! My OH and me are in, flights and hotel are booked!
Originally Posted by johnaalex
I should be able to make it! ^
Originally Posted by megaloman
I'm in!
Would be great to see you Fitch, florens, megaloman and johnaalex again ^
johnaalex likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 3:10 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by angeloedades
Put me in as a maybe for now - just need to organise my logistics. I should be heading to LHR that night ready for an ARN weekend so can definitely drop by depending what time I finish work.

Would be great to see you Fitch, florens, megaloman and johnaalex again ^
Yes, it'd be great!
Old Oct 8, 2017, 4:29 am

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Sadly, I arrive LHR on 16 December. Have a great event.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 6:20 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold, Priority Pass
I should be able to attend.

Has anyone managed to find any reasonable hotel deals yet? Hilton on that night are costing an arm and leg both in cash and in points!
Old Oct 8, 2017, 7:24 am

Programs: Meow Mix
Originally Posted by tomparskate

Has anyone managed to find any reasonable hotel deals yet? Hilton on that night are costing an arm and leg both in cash and in points!
Why do you need a hotel when you can be at a club till the morning tomparskate?!
Old Oct 8, 2017, 7:47 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by tomparskate

We are staying, as always, at the Club Quarters St. Pauls (they also have properties at Lincoln Inn Fields (near Holborn), Trafalgar Square and Gracechurch.
megaloman likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 3:31 am

Programs: BAEC GCH, CXMP Gold, Amex Plat, HH Gold, Accor Plat, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold
I'll be there
megaloman likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 1:15 am
Suspended

Thanks for sharing information. It really helped me as well.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 2:41 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

I know that the Do is low key, but may I still suggest to have at least name tags with the FT handle/user name and, probably, the first name on it as well?

I attended the first Do last year and I found it very difficult (maybe it is me, I don't know) to remember not only the first names but also to be able to match the face and the first name to the respective FT handle/user name.

megaloman, I heard you have some leftover name tags from the Tallinn Do, would it be possible to use those?
Old Oct 10, 2017, 2:46 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by Jamier45
Won't be there.
We shall miss you
Old Oct 10, 2017, 3:11 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by florens
I know that the Do is low key, but may I still suggest to have at least name tags with the FT handle/user name and, probably, the first name on it as well?

I attended the first Do last year and I found it very difficult (maybe it is me, I don't know) to remember not only the first names but also to be able to match the face and the first name to the respective FT handle/user name.

megaloman, I heard you have some leftover name tags from the Tallinn Do, would it be possible to use those?
Great idea, still have like 20 sheets of self adhesive labels, so happy to print out name labels ^
florens likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 3:12 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by megaloman
Great idea, still have like 20 sheets of self adhesive labels, so happy to print out name labels ^
Awesome.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 9:46 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
Likely there
Old Oct 10, 2017, 10:26 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, VS Silver, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MarkedMan
Likely there
Excellent! Long time no see!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.