Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Apprentice Siobhan has flown BA and made remarks...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Apprentice Siobhan has flown BA and made remarks...

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2017, 5:42 pm

Programs: Varies
Originally Posted by dylanks
In spite of her style or approach, she does seem to summarize a wide range of common complaints:
  • CW lacking direct aisle access for all seats
  • Lounge food (especially in Club, and at times the Flounhe buffet) not being stellar (which reminds me, I had breakfast at the JFK flagship lounge yesterday, and the buffet food is vastly improved, a well done for AA on that)
  • Employee morale issues (in particular contract staff, but I get a fair amount of disinterested staff on shorthaul flights)... that said I wouldn't really blame the staff like the blog did given how they're treated by BA
  • Short haul BOB
  • CE not having extra legroom
My point is if you ignore the drama and form, these are complaints we hear all the time (and sometimes experience ourselves) and it's not too surprising.
I agree. It's interesting to see so many people jumping in to defend the indefensible BA. Is this the classic response to a Nasty Woman daring to speak her mind?
Old Oct 5, 2017, 6:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by ttama
Is this the classic response to a Nasty Woman daring to speak her mind?
Yes.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 7:09 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver/Hilton Diamond/IHG Spire
Who watches this rubbish? Complete ar@e holes and it make me embarrassed to be from the UK.
Calchas likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 9:02 pm

Programs: BA Silver, FI, AC
Edited.

Last edited by Trav+; Oct 8, 2017 at 11:45 am
Old Oct 6, 2017, 12:05 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
There is a fair bit of reaction on this thread but is it really important what some random person who does not hold any position of influence or authority (and whom you probably don't know) thinks of something?

I'm sure everyone here is perfectly capable of holding one's own opinion about BA without her opinion
Calchas likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 2:27 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
It sounds like the ruminations an arrogant, highly opinionated, self righteous nobody.

I do so hope that our paths cross.
Ensure you refer to her as Sinead when you meet her

M
GaxxyFlyer, Firipu and arnie. like this.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 2:48 am

Originally Posted by Calchas
Not my experience, I've been served by some very attentive young people, some of them probably younger than I am.

Almost every network airline serves London, it is not that hard to avoid BA even at LHR. And KLM serves more UK cities than BA does.
BA has a dominant position at LHR and on the most valuable route(s). That is why it is still flying a 17 year old business class seat when its competitors have innovated and improved their business class seats.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 2:59 am

Originally Posted by Flexible preferences
Maybe, and maybe she has an Abyssinian guinea pig, likes porridge for breakfast and likes to sit on the top deck of the number 56 bus Who cares? It is what she did say that counts.
LOL! True true..

PS I love the top deck of the 56 bus
Calchas likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 5:53 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
Top deck, front seat of no 2 bus. Get on at Marylebone where the route starts. Better than 1A.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 6:03 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by Greenpen
Ah yes, peas in pod I think!
No love - I'm not nobody. I'm a tried and tested cow.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 6:04 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
Ensure you refer to her as Sinead when you meet her

M
Probably more Madam - she speaks like one.
PJSMITH0 likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 6:06 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by Ancient Observer
Top deck, front seat of no 2 bus. Get on at Marylebone where the route starts. Better than 1A.
Sounds good !

'Better' as in more space/comfort ....?
Old Oct 6, 2017, 6:14 am

Location: Manchester but from Yorkshire better known as Gods country
Programs: BA Gold, , Sandals plat
Originally Posted by Disco Volante
BA has a dominant position at LHR and on the most valuable route(s). That is why it is still flying a 17 year old business class seat when its competitors have innovated and improved their business class seats.
I agree with Calchas. Despite BA's monopoly there is plenty of competition if you don't like BA's product. I managed to fly from 1982 to 2012 without ever using BA. I suspect BA's product is more popular than some on this forum would proclaim. I only switched after trying a CW flight and being so impressed I stuck with them. I suspect the silent majority are happy with the product too hence BA has been in no hurry to update it.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 6:14 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Probably more Madam - she speaks like one.
One of the other contestants on the show referred to her as Sinead, and she retorted in a manner befitting of her character - hence my suggestion.

You have far more clout than the contestant who erred though; plus you have a hairbrush

Have a lovely sunny weekend in JLP!

M
Old Oct 6, 2017, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PJSMITH0
I suspect the silent majority are happy with the product too hence BA has been in no hurry to update it.
Well, the way the passenger air transport market is structured, at least in Europe, even if the product offered by the dominant carrier on a national market was demonstrably several orders of magnitude worse than other comparable carriers, it would still be the case that the "silent majority" would still go with that carrier. If, however, margins and profits are quite tight, you need be concerned not just with the silent majority but also with the more fleeting segment of your customer base which is more open to be tempted away. That said, I do not think that there is much evidence at present (not yet, some might think) of any noticeable shift away from BA yet despite the numerous downgrades to the product mentioned on this board and elsewhere. These things tend to be slow burn, though, and take time to feed through.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.