Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Apprentice Siobhan has flown BA and made remarks...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Apprentice Siobhan has flown BA and made remarks...

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2017, 5:50 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
deleted

Last edited by ahmetdouas; Nov 10, 2017 at 9:47 am
Old Oct 5, 2017, 5:55 am

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
Sounds like DXB routing will be your best chance.

ps bet she still begs for upgrades at check in though after all that whining... on a DYKWIA basis.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 6:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I fly aeroplanes, scuba dive, jump off cliffs, paraglide; I’m a blogger and a mother - as well as running my wedding planning business. A lot of people call me superwoman.

Old Oct 5, 2017, 6:24 am

Does anyone actually watch that programme (i've never been able to watch a whole episode) for any reason other than to laugh at the ridiculous contestants? I quite like the current host of Countdown, but was disheartened when I discovered he used to be on The Apprentice.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 6:40 am

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
In spite of her style or approach, she does seem to summarize a wide range of common complaints:
  • CW lacking direct aisle access for all seats
  • Lounge food (especially in Club, and at times the Flounhe buffet) not being stellar (which reminds me, I had breakfast at the JFK flagship lounge yesterday, and the buffet food is vastly improved, a well done for AA on that)
  • Employee morale issues (in particular contract staff, but I get a fair amount of disinterested staff on shorthaul flights)... that said I wouldn't really blame the staff like the blog did given how they're treated by BA
  • Short haul BOB
  • CE not having extra legroom
My point is if you ignore the drama and form, these are complaints we hear all the time (and sometimes experience ourselves) and it's not too surprising.
Stez and HilFly like this.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 6:41 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Gold, whatever is saved on the Sky box
Originally Posted by Skimo
...I quite like the current host of Countdown, but was disheartened when I discovered he used to be on The Apprentice.
He wasn't a contestant though.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 6:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Skimo
Does anyone actually watch that programme (i've never been able to watch a whole episode) for any reason other than to laugh at the ridiculous contestants?
Never....although I can understand why some on here would find it compulsive viewing.
Greenpen and Calchas like this.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Cymro
Poundland Katie Hopkins?
Is this not an oxymoron?
Old Oct 5, 2017, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by sjc2679
He wasn't a contestant though.
Which means he appeared in more than one series though. Even more disheartening! He seems vastly more intelligent and urbane than the ghastly Sugar.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 8:11 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by dylanks
In spite of her style or approach, she does seem to summarize a wide range of common complaints:
  • CW lacking direct aisle access for all seats
  • Lounge food (especially in Club, and at times the Flounhe buffet) not being stellar (which reminds me, I had breakfast at the JFK flagship lounge yesterday, and the buffet food is vastly improved, a well done for AA on that)
  • Employee morale issues (in particular contract staff, but I get a fair amount of disinterested staff on shorthaul flights)... that said I wouldn't really blame the staff like the blog did given how they're treated by BA
  • Short haul BOB
  • CE not having extra legroom
My point is if you ignore the drama and form, these are complaints we hear all the time (and sometimes experience ourselves) and it's not too surprising.

+ 1

But .... as so often ..... easier to focus on an individual highlighting shortcomings / concerns / deficiencies, than on the organisation with the power to remedy or address them.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by Flexible preferences
The only reason she continues to fly BA is for complimentary nuts and drinks?
Complimentary nuts in Club Europe? Does this person even fly Club Europe?

On the 40-minute LHR-CDG flight, I've been served a hot-smoked salmon salad, a cold-smoked duck salad, and a coppa/salami/brie board on different occasions. Each of these I washed down with a very drinkable champagne. And those are only the meals that come to mind!
Calchas likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 8:34 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by lhrhappy
Complimentary nuts in Club Europe? Does this person even fly Club Europe?
Out of Africa cashews are served in CE. They form part of the pre-meal drinks round for Mediums and Longs, and in reality there is usually a massive heap of packets in the top canister to the right of flight deck door. So if you want some, there will be no shortage of packets available.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I thought this would be a thread about your own apprentice.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 10:29 am
formerly rxfleming

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat Elite
I thought i recognised her. I've been at a few events where she has shown up, and also seen her in the lounge a few times in DXB (she flies EK/VS more than BA). She has a distinctive tone with people, and I think the Dubai lifestyle has really gone to her head.

If you read more of her blog, you'll see she does have a tendency to attract complaints. This post here

https://viplifeandtravel.com/2017/08...rport-lounges/

Sums up completely the type of person she is, and I quote:

and to be honest I don’t know how he could afford the flights. New money does not always mean class. You can take the man out of the street, but not always the street out of the man.
Next time i see her, I'll let her know you're all thinking of her! (We seem to be in the same circles due to the type of work my wife does).
Old Oct 5, 2017, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by travelwithross
Sums up completely the type of person she is, and I quote:

and to be honest I don’t know how he could afford the flights. New money does not always mean class. You can take the man out of the street, but not always the street out of the man.
Wherever her money comes from clearly doesn't mean class either. In fact, the correlation appears so strong between her money and lacking class that I should set any money I receive similarly to how she did aflame so as to prevent myself from becoming similarly lacking in class.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.