Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

05/10/17 KLM disruption affect @ AMS affect BA

05/10/17 KLM disruption affect @ AMS affect BA

Old Oct 4, 2017, 3:15 pm

Programs: FB Plat; BAEC Gold
Never thought I would see the Meadow Well get a mention on FT!
Old Oct 4, 2017, 3:24 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by squawk
I've not spoken to the individual in question for a while, but will try to find out the details.

The buses still look quite run down – they're not even always DFDS Seaways branded – and I think you're right in that they don't do much else except shuttle to and from the ferry. Not the best first impression of Tyneside, it must be said…

Your mention of Smith's Park initially threw me though – I am reliably informed by Wikipedia that it has been Meadow Well for nearly 27 years (10th October 1994)
Originally Posted by DaveNCL
That may well be the case, but when you grew up in Percy Main it will remain the original name. We still refer to the area as The Ridges! I can concur with Wikipedia on this occasion as it was when they renovated the station (made it so there were no blind spots to hide behind) that they also changed the name. I am clearly getting old.

Indeed, who would have thought Meadow Well would get a mention on FT. Perhaps we should return to the original topic. Apologies for hijacking the thread.
squawk likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by DaveNCL
I aim to please. Though if I were being brutally honest, I also aim to avoid Meadow Well…

Edit: I also can't count at this time of night. 23 years, not 27…

Originally Posted by madfish
That may well be the case, but when you grew up in Percy Main it will remain the original name. We still refer to the area as The Ridges! I can concur with Wikipedia on this occasion as it was when they renovated the station (made it so there were no blind spots to hide behind) that they also changed the name. I am clearly getting old.

Indeed, who would have thought Meadow Well would get a mention on FT. Perhaps we should return to the original topic. Apologies for hijacking the thread.
Oops, yes. Sorry Leaping_Deere! I didn't see your flight details, but hope you make it without too much disruption.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 3:37 pm

Programs: FB Plat; BAEC Gold
I guess to bring it back on topic my KLM flight back to Newcastle was cancelled tomorrow. I am now sitting on an Air France flight taxing at ATL to Paris. Hopefully my connection will have no issues in Paris.

Normally I avoid CDG at all costs but I’ll now have 2 visits this week and 2 visits next week.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 4:32 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Originally Posted by flatlander
Also an option though it does take rather longer.

During a snow-pocalypse a few years ago colleagues resorted to the train and the Harwich-Hook of Holland ferry. I don't necessarily recommend that
I actually found that quite a sophisticated and relaxing way to travel for around £120 one way. Leaving London just after 7-30pm, check inn board ferry, comfortable cabin, dinner, breakfast and train to centre of city.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 5:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, TK, DL, IHG Diamond, HHonours Gold, Hertz Presidents Club
Originally Posted by squawk
I aim to please. Though if I were being brutally honest, I also aim to avoid Meadow Well…

Edit: I also can't count at this time of night. 23 years, not 27…

Oops, yes. Sorry Leaping_Deere! I didn't see your flight details, but hope you make it without too much disruption.
Not a problem I actually went to Newcastle University so it is nice to see some Toon references, I never got that far east on the metro too often, the odd trip out to Whitley and Tynemouth but I had a car most of my 4 years up there.

I was on BA438 until it was cancelled. I had sort of preempted it and when it came through I elected to take a refund and we're going on the eurostar, its doubled the journey time but I decided to rely on the rail rather than a later flight which could still be delayed depending on the weather
Old Oct 5, 2017, 1:09 am

The storm impact is not just on the Netherlands coast. The Thames Barrier will close this morning because of the storm surge.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 2:48 am

Programs: BA Gold
Am currently on the BA430 - scheduled dep 0820, pushed back 0830, but parked up awaiting take off - may not be until 1100. BA app showing arrival time 1258. Per the captain, no change in wind conditions yet. AMS operating only 1 of 5 runways.

Based on that I would expect major delays throughout the day and possibly more cancellations.

On on the plus side, the buy on board trolley has made an early appearance while parked up.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 3:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
It's quite gusty down here in Oberhausen, near Düsseldorf, although flights seem to be taking off on time at the airport. Everything seems to be mostly on time at BA, except for BA3270 DUS-LCY early this morning which had 69 minutes delay and BA943 which, although it leaves at 18h30, is already posted with 21 minutes delay. How do they work that out so far in advance?
Glad I rushed to get the garden done yesterday, the sky was threatening rain the whole time.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 3:35 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, BA LTG, Hilton Diamond, FB Platinum, EK Gold
Originally Posted by rossmacd
Potentially yes, but the winds are due to have passed by Saturday.

I have a LX flight to AMS tomorrow (which I really need to run!) and is seemingly on time at the moment.
Me too!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.