Ex EU to Bangkok

Old Oct 4, 17, 5:47 am
Original Poster
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: IB Gold, BA Silver , Priority Pass, HHonors Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Ex EU to Bangkok

Hi

I am planning on going to Bangkok in March for a week. I am wanting to go Ex-EU and are based in Edinburgh so can make flying sometimes expensive and time consuming, I am wanting to fly out on the 10th March and arrive back into Edinburgh 18th preferably evening.

Has anyone got any good cheap Club World Routes out they would recommend? If I could earn some extra TPs too that would be great
Old Oct 4, 17, 6:08 am

Programs: BA Bronze!! Hilton Gold
Oslo to BKK is £1275 on QR on those dates .. 9 hour layover on the way back, but you will have access to Qatarís fantastic lounge, which has a quiet area to sleep.

Should net you 560 tier points

im sure Norwegian do direct flight EDI to OSL as well
Old Oct 4, 17, 6:10 am

Programs: BAEC, IHG
Originally Posted by tomparskate View Post
Hi

I am planning on going to Bangkok in March for a week. I am wanting to go Ex-EU and are based in Edinburgh so can make flying sometimes expensive and time consuming, I am wanting to fly out on the 10th March and arrive back into Edinburgh 18th preferably evening.

Has anyone got any good cheap Club World Routes out they would recommend? If I could earn some extra TPs too that would be great
Position to Helsinki via FinnAir ? Or actually use FinnAir for all legs of journey ?Or low cost airline to Amsterdam.
Old Oct 4, 17, 6:11 am

Programs: BA Gold, BMI Blue, Hilton Gold
Any reason you started a new thread rather than posting in the well established:
Premium Fare Deals (J and F) - 2017 edition or
BA Tier Point Runs | 2017 master thread ...

Old Oct 4, 17, 6:11 am
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

If you must use BA (for the sake of a GUF etc), then you can go ex-AMS on the widely publicised fare:

https://www.google.co.uk/flights/#se...=ONEWORLD;eo=e

But go via HKG at both ends at the BA product to BKK is disastorous.

My preference would be the QR offer from OSL mentioned by @Woody12354 above as it is both cheaper, and much better quality product.
capin and volar like this.
Old Oct 4, 17, 6:18 am
Senior Mod and Moderator: Aegean Miles&Bonus and British Airways

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Spire
BKK is certainly a favourite QR destination for low fares - I did it from VCE earlier this year during the sale for a touch over £1k, positioning on BA from LGW the night before and having the day wandering around the city before catching the evening flight to DOH (hotels are reasonable out of the city, taxis are extortionate, but left luggage costs by the bus station where the airport service leaves from are very cheap, so it all sort of balances).

If you're prepared to wait, and can be flexible in positioning City, then you might save a little bit more and potentially get a QR widebody which I gather is a much better experience than some of the A320 series which have variable business class seats.
Old Oct 4, 17, 8:36 am
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: BA, softly landed to Silver
As good J-fares with QR didn't come available from hometown AMS I chose BA (ams-lhr-bkk-lhr-ams) for a little over 1400 euros, done it couple of times before and when carefully picking the right seat in Club World it is a comfortable ride. Not quite the same tier points as when travelling with QR I'm afraid.
By the way the fare has been available for a little over 1300 euros ex ams for a short while.
Old Oct 4, 17, 6:52 pm

Programs: BAEC : GGL; HHonors : Diamond
Originally Posted by Woody12354 View Post
Oslo to BKK is £1275 on QR on those dates .. 9 hour layover on the way back, but you will have access to Qatarís fantastic lounge, which has a quiet area to sleep.

Should net you 560 tier points

im sure Norwegian do direct flight EDI to OSL as well
If there is +8 hours layover then you should be eligible for a free hotel room: https://www.qatarairways.com/en/hia-...mmodation.html
Old Oct 5, 17, 12:01 am
Senior Mod and Moderator: Aegean Miles&Bonus and British Airways

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Spire
Originally Posted by timcjp View Post
If there is +8 hours layover then you should be eligible for a free hotel room: https://www.qatarairways.com/en/hia-...mmodation.html
Only if there is no other option - if you donít take a more expensive but shorter layover thereís no hotel provided and youíre stuck with the quiet(er) areas near the showers - which do not contain beds, and are not particularly quiet either. Do not expect to get a particularly good sleep in them. To get the cheapest fares on QR there are, by and large, compromises that have to be made.