Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Passport now required for Isle of Man to London

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Passport now required for Isle of Man to London

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2017, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by fartoomanyusers
thanks for the pointer - i'd never come across it. to quote the Act directly:

2 Republic of Ireland not a foreign country.

(1)It is hereby declared that, notwithstanding that the Republic of Ireland is not part of His Majesty’s dominions, the Republic of Ireland is not a foreign country for the purposes of any law in force in any part of the United Kingdom or in any colony, protectorate or United Kingdom trust territory, whether by virtue of a rule of law or of an Act of Parliament or any other enactment or instrument whatsoever, whether passed or made before or after the passing of this Act, and references in any Act of Parliament, other enactment or instrument whatsoever, whether passed or made before or after the passing of this Act, to foreigners, aliens, foreign countries, and foreign or foreign-built ships or aircraft shall be construed accordingly.
More discussion of the CTA and the Ireland Act of 1949 can be found here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...in-not-uk.html
Old Oct 2, 2017, 2:12 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by SWISSBOBBY
would be simpler to introduce ID cards, on a voluntary basis to start with...
It was not the card but the new, extensive database that was the problem.

If they had been called "passport cards" (like the Americans do, and recently the Irish too) and the application process and information they contained were exactly the same as a passport, just in the form of a card, I wonder how they would have been received in the UK
Old Oct 3, 2017, 12:02 am

Programs: BA CCR/GGL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by rruaco
We tried that.

It was outsourced to a bunch of consulting firms, cost a fortune, was a cock-up, and produced nothing useful.

Which was actually the best possible outcome so for once we can genuinely thank EY for pissing away public money on f* all
I disagree - I wish that there was a simple form of ID that you could carry around in your wallet. I did use my driving license for a while, but have not gone for the Irish Passport Card:

This isn't me by the way

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.