FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   FAQ : Status of on-board WiFi rollout on BA aircraft (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1869653-faq-status-board-wifi-rollout-ba-aircraft.html)

kdhurst380 Oct 1, 2021 10:49 am

Does anybody have any updates on the short-haul rollout? I flew on G-TTNR (delivered in August) last week and that didn't have WiFi. How many more recent deliveries are like this in the Neo fleet? Appreciate any info.

lsquare Oct 2, 2021 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by L22 (Post 33555557)
It seems that the pricing structure on the A350 has been changed and brought in line with the rest of the fleet. I flew LHR-YYZ on G-XWBE and the pricing was based on time rather than the amount of data used. The full flight for browsing and streaming was £14.99

Will BA offer a monthly or an annual subscription?

megaloman Oct 3, 2021 4:38 am

Originally Posted by L22 (Post 33555557)
It seems that the pricing structure on the A350 has been changed and brought in line with the rest of the fleet. I flew LHR-YYZ on G-XWBE and the pricing was based on time rather than the amount of data used. The full flight for browsing and streaming was £14.99

That's good to hear. Are you able to tell whether internet was slow or fast? I wonder whether they've installed a newer faster infrastructure, or just aligned prices. From memory A350 got factory installed old generation WiFi equipment that worked differently to WiFi installed on A380/B747/B777s.

IFlyPlanes Oct 3, 2021 10:07 am

Originally Posted by kdhurst380 (Post 33611293)
Does anybody have any updates on the short-haul rollout? I flew on G-TTNR (delivered in August) last week and that didn't have WiFi. How many more recent deliveries are like this in the Neo fleet? Appreciate any info.

This should help but it's a little out-dated

As far as I know, most (if not all) A320ceos have Wi-Fi, as for A319s, all ex-bmi ones definitely do not have Wi-Fi, and most A319s don't have Wi-Fi either, from personal experience, I flew G-EUOF (A319) this year which had no Wi-Fi, however when I flew G-EUUM (A320ceo) on the return it did have Wi-Fi. I assume G-TTNR will get Wi-Fi installed a little later on, as quite a large majority of A320/21neos have Wi-Fi. I flew G-NEOT (A321neo) in 2019 and back then it didn't have Wi-Fi, however now it does. I guess it just depends when the Wi-Fi gets installed/configured.

1Aturnleft Oct 3, 2021 2:51 pm

Effective immediately, the in-seat power system should not be switched on and will shortly be deactivated on 66 A319, A320 & A321CEO aircraft.

SCCMs: when operating on the CEO, ensure your welcome PA does not include the in-seat power message.

The NEO aircraft are not impacted, and in-seat power will remain available.

A Crewlink message will be sent when in-seat power is reinstated onto all CEO aircraft.

volar Oct 3, 2021 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by 1Aturnleft (Post 33616250)
Effective immediately, the in-seat power system should not be switched on and will shortly be deactivated on 66 A319, A320 & A321CEO aircraft.

SCCMs: when operating on the CEO, ensure your welcome PA does not include the in-seat power message.

A Crewlink message will be sent when in-seat power is reinstated onto all CEO aircraft.

I wondered why power wasn’t available on my flights this weekend and the crew just said it was ‘not working’ (although I later overheard them discussing the feet-wide issue).

Given that this thread is mainly about WiFi, I can confirm that the WiFi was still working fine.

IFlyPlanes Oct 3, 2021 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by 1Aturnleft (Post 33616250)

Why so? Is there some recall for it? It worked on my A320ceo flight as far as I'm aware on the 1st of September, didn't use it though.

1Aturnleft Oct 3, 2021 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by IFlyPlanes (Post 33616350)
Why so? Is there some recall for it? It worked on my A320ceo flight as far as I'm aware on the 1st of September, didn't use it though.

I believe so. A recent incident 🔥 on a A320ceo has lead to a temporary switch off of in seat power system on the ceo fleet until a safety fix has been retrofitted. This is why the neo's haven't been affected because they operate with a different in seat power system to the ceo fleet.

skipness1E Oct 16, 2021 9:09 am

The new B777s are having WiFi fitted at Cardiff, G-STBO now was the antenna installed.

BAeuro Oct 16, 2021 1:20 pm

Apologies, it’s been a busy month so I’m just catching up on all the threads. So the CEOs don’t have charging facilities for now, a tad annoying.

I wonder will this fix take weeks or months…

1Aturnleft Oct 17, 2021 4:54 am

Originally Posted by BAeuro (Post 33650223)
Apologies, it’s been a busy month so I’m just catching up on all the threads. So the CEOs don’t have charging facilities for now, a tad annoying.

I wonder will this fix take weeks or months…

With 66 aircraft to fix I'd anticipate multiples of the latter

hmv Nov 28, 2021 3:50 am

Can confirm that G-ZBKF is still without wifi. Flew it yesterday.

corporate-wage-slave Nov 28, 2021 6:34 am

Originally Posted by hmv (Post 33764945)
Can confirm that G-ZBKF is still without wifi. Flew it yesterday.

Whereas her 789 sister ZBKI does have Wifi (KF I can confirm is wifi-less).

PHM76 Nov 29, 2021 12:26 am

G-ZBJG did not have Wi-Fi yesterday. Crew said the aircraft had not been fitted with it but perhaps it was a technical fault.

yokozuma Dec 7, 2021 7:21 am

Got my first long haul coming up after Covid and since the full WiFi roll out. Absolutely dumbfounded you have to pay full price for it in Business for it :rolleyes: