Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

FAQ : Status of on-board WiFi rollout on BA aircraft

Old Oct 1, 2017, 1:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sigma421
Onboard WiFi has been introduced to BA's fleet and is being marketed as Highlife Connect. This thread is to track the rollout. See https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb.../wifi-on-board for BA's FAQ on the system.

Long-haul aircraft with WiFi fitted

A350-1000 - All fitted (12 aircraft).

A380 - All fitted (12 aircraft)

777-200ER - All fitted (43 aircraft)

777-300ER - All fitted (16 aircraft)

787-8 - 0/12 aircraft

787-9 - 14/18 aircraft

G-ZBKA, G-ZBKB, G-ZBKC, G-ZBKD, G-ZBKG, G-ZBKH, G-ZBKI, G-ZBKJ, G-ZBKK, G-ZBKL, G-ZBKM, G-ZBKN, G-ZBKO, G-ZBKP

787-10 - All fitted (2 aircraft).

BA are currently trialling free WiFi in first class cabins. For those in other cabins the current cost on all long-haul aircraft is:
  • 1 hour: Ł7.99
  • 4 hours: Ł17.99
  • Full flight: up to Ł23.99 depending on route

Note that prices and services offered are subject to change.
Long-haul aircraft still to be fitted with WiFi

787-8 - G-ZBJA/B/C/D/E/F/G/H/I/J/K/M

787-9 - G-ZBKE/F/R/S
Short-haul and mid-haul aircraft known to have WiFi fitted and enabled

The majority of aircraft have wi-fi equipment fitted with the exception of those expected to retire within the next few years. Wi-fi equipment is installed after delivery and the rate at which this happens appears to have slowed down post-COVID.
A319 - 12/29 Aircraft

G-EUOA
G-EUPL/M/N/O/P/R/S/T/U/Y/Z

A320 - 61/67 Aircraft

G-EUUA/B/C/E/F/G/H/I/J/K/L/M/N/O/P/R/T/U/V/W/X/Y/Z
G-EUYA/B/D/E/G/H/I/J/K/L/M/N/O/P/R/S/T/U/V/W/X
G-GATH/J/K/M/N/P/R/S/U
G-MEDK
G-MIDO/S/T/X/Y
G-TTOB/E

A320neo - 17/20 Aircraft

G-TTNA/B/C/D/E/F/G/H/I/J/K/L/M/N/O/P/Q/R

Wi-fi installation has not yet occurred for aircraft delivered from October 2022 onwards.

A321 - 15/18 Aircraft

G-EUXC/D/E/F/G/H/I/J/K/L/M
G-MEDL/M/N

A321neo - All fitted (10 aircraft)

The price of WiFi on short-haul flights varies according to the length of the route. The following prices are known:

Messaging - Ł1.99 or Ł2.99 depending on flight distance.

Browse & Stream (one hour) - Ł4.99

Browse & Stream (whole flight)
Ł4.99 (MAN / NCL)
Ł6.99 (ARN / HAM)
Ł7.99 (KRK / LIS / MAS / PMI)
Ł8.99 (AGP)
Ł9.99 (LED / SOF)
Ł11.99 (LCA)

Short-haul aircraft not planned to receive WiFi due to retirement

A319 - 18 Aircraft

G-EUOE/F/G
G-EUPD/G/J/K/W
G-DBCA/B/C/D/E/F/G/H/J/K

Background information:
Print Wikipost

FAQ : Status of on-board WiFi rollout on BA aircraft

Old Aug 25, 2018, 9:52 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by FT01
Am I the only person on Earth who is delighted to be in a Wi-Fi-free zone, and not have people's phones beeping the whole time?
Not the only one at all! It's terrible news.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by Ajm1987
Not the only one at all! It's terrible news.
Good. Thought it was just my age. Glad to know at least one other person feels the same.
skipness1E likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 10:12 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by FT01
Good. Thought it was just my age. Glad to know at least one other person feels the same.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 11:39 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott GFL
3 ...
Old Aug 25, 2018, 1:53 pm

Programs: Yes
Maybe this is not the right thread for you
estate likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 11:32 am

YMMF has Wi-Fi. To be added in list in OP.
I was on this yesterday as BA244.

Last edited by mobpd; Sep 2, 2018 at 11:33 am Reason: Spelling
Old Sep 4, 2018, 5:54 am

Programs: BAEC Blue (back to Earth)
I think we've a few more to add :
G-VIID / E / F and as mentioned, G-YMMF have all been to Shannon. They're turning a B777 around at the rate of one per week it seems.
G-YMMT is currently in Shannon, I assume being fitted.
Credit to thebasource.com
Old Sep 4, 2018, 12:35 pm

It's been mentioned on here and elsewhere that the 787 installations are starting in September. The BA Source mentions that ZBJC went to Cardiff today for maintenance. I wonder if this is the first.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 9:34 pm

G-VIIJ and G-VIIL showing as unconfirmed on spreadsheet have had been in CWL recently for WIFI installation and it has been activated.

G-VIIM returned from CWL 30AUG with WIFI installed.

G-YMMU is expected to arrive in SNN of the next couple of days for WIFI Installation
Old Sep 5, 2018, 6:24 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Greetings sixcolours, and welcome to the BA forum here on Flyertalk, it's great to see you here. Thanks very much for the observations there, and I would certainly suggest setting up an account in advance. I navigated around the fields by using the Tab button, it's not very well designed.

(denizined: removing link as I don't have enough posts to submit links even though i'm quoting original link. Original link is shop dot ba dot com forward slash hash forward slash register)
When trying to register with an .air account (while on the ground) the security question bug still seems to be there. I can fill out everything on the registration form but the 'Please choose a question' drop-down for both Security Question 1 and Security Quesiton 2 is not populated with anything. A few other people in this thread mentioned the same experience. Anyone have any insights/solutions for this issue?
Old Sep 5, 2018, 12:21 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by Denizined
When trying to register with an .air account (while on the ground) the security question bug still seems to be there. I can fill out everything on the registration form but the 'Please choose a question' drop-down for both Security Question 1 and Security Quesiton 2 is not populated with anything. A few other people in this thread mentioned the same experience. Anyone have any insights/solutions for this issue?
My registration was twatted by this glitch a couple of weeks ago. I was using my iPhone at the time. I was able to register by switching to my iPad.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 3:22 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Denizined

OK, just to reconfigure my advice: to anyone who wants to use BA's wifi, you best register before flying, you can do it just in case, and use a full spec PC/laptop rather than a tablet, even though it was written for tablets. This is quite important since on every BA wifi flight I have been on I have seen at least one person struggle with it, and have now on several occasions walked people through it on my laptop (and they were all a lot younger than me, where I reckon I'm a dinosaur in IT terms since I use the pipe command in DOS prompts)

1) Use Internet Explorer if you can, this was the browser that was used in their test program
2) Go to initially
https://shop.ba.com/#/no-connection
3) Then click Sign In (top right)
4) Then switch to the second tab, Register, and you should get this:

5) This tricky bit is that it moves ok (ish) for tablets but on on laptops the scroll bar is, would you believe, blue on blue! It is there but you have to guess its location. Now I know how to switch the Accessibility Colours around, but let's leave that for the moment. You can see this in the next screenshot. The easiest way to handle this, if you can't spot the blue on blue arrow in the bottom corner is to use the tab button, however be very careful to enter your date of birth - year - month - day - carefully since the field flow is also wonky, to use a technical expression.

6) Then you get to the two sets of security questions, and the options for both are as follows:
What is your favourite outdoor game?
What is your favourite child’s toy?
What is your favourite pet’s name?
What is the name of a memorable place?
What is your memorable date?
What is your favorite food?
What is your favorite drink?
What your favourite book?
What is your memorable holiday destination?
What is your memorable event?
What is your favourite hobby?
What is your least liked food?
What is your favourite TV show?
What is your favourite radio programme?
Who is your favourite celebrity?
Who is your favourite musician?
What is your favourite flower?
6) Enter in the details and you should see a small green bar along each field to show it has gone ok, then Register.

7) Finally, and you can / should do this on the ground - and check it all works by signing in. If you get this, you can sail straight into BA's wifi in the air without too many further problems.

8) At the risk of repetition, it's a lot easier to do this well before travel and using a full PC using Internet Explorer.
Denizined likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 5:45 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire, Easyjet Flight Club
Anyone heard anything about the Short Haul
wifi?
Old Sep 5, 2018, 9:43 pm

G-VIIM can be aded to the list i believe. I was on BA199 on Saturday and they announced it was available, i didnt try it myself though.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 5:08 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire, Easyjet Flight Club
Originally Posted by mmogdan
Anyone heard anything about the Short Haul
wifi?
I'm really surprised no one on here has any intel about the short haul wifi. Anyway, one of the programme managers for EAN replied to me with this....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.