Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

FAQ : Status of on-board WiFi rollout on BA aircraft

Old Oct 1, 2017, 1:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sigma421
Onboard WiFi has been introduced to BA's fleet and is being marketed as Highlife Connect. This thread is to track the rollout. See https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb.../wifi-on-board for BA's FAQ on the system.

Long-haul aircraft with WiFi fitted

A350-1000 - All fitted (12 aircraft).

A380 - All fitted (12 aircraft)

777-200ER - All fitted (43 aircraft)

777-300ER - All fitted (16 aircraft)

787-8 - 0/12 aircraft

787-9 - 14/18 aircraft

G-ZBKA, G-ZBKB, G-ZBKC, G-ZBKD, G-ZBKG, G-ZBKH, G-ZBKI, G-ZBKJ, G-ZBKK, G-ZBKL, G-ZBKM, G-ZBKN, G-ZBKO, G-ZBKP

787-10 - All fitted (2 aircraft).

BA are currently trialling free WiFi in first class cabins. For those in other cabins the current cost on all long-haul aircraft is:
  • 1 hour: Ł7.99
  • 4 hours: Ł17.99
  • Full flight: up to Ł23.99 depending on route

Note that prices and services offered are subject to change.
Long-haul aircraft still to be fitted with WiFi

787-8 - G-ZBJA/B/C/D/E/F/G/H/I/J/K/M

787-9 - G-ZBKE/F/R/S
Short-haul and mid-haul aircraft known to have WiFi fitted and enabled

The majority of aircraft have wi-fi equipment fitted with the exception of those expected to retire within the next few years. Wi-fi equipment is installed after delivery and the rate at which this happens appears to have slowed down post-COVID.
A319 - 12/29 Aircraft

G-EUOA
G-EUPL/M/N/O/P/R/S/T/U/Y/Z

A320 - 61/67 Aircraft

G-EUUA/B/C/E/F/G/H/I/J/K/L/M/N/O/P/R/T/U/V/W/X/Y/Z
G-EUYA/B/D/E/G/H/I/J/K/L/M/N/O/P/R/S/T/U/V/W/X
G-GATH/J/K/M/N/P/R/S/U
G-MEDK
G-MIDO/S/T/X/Y
G-TTOB/E

A320neo - 17/20 Aircraft

G-TTNA/B/C/D/E/F/G/H/I/J/K/L/M/N/O/P/Q/R

Wi-fi installation has not yet occurred for aircraft delivered from October 2022 onwards.

A321 - 15/18 Aircraft

G-EUXC/D/E/F/G/H/I/J/K/L/M
G-MEDL/M/N

A321neo - All fitted (10 aircraft)

The price of WiFi on short-haul flights varies according to the length of the route. The following prices are known:

Messaging - Ł1.99 or Ł2.99 depending on flight distance.

Browse & Stream (one hour) - Ł4.99

Browse & Stream (whole flight)
Ł4.99 (MAN / NCL)
Ł6.99 (ARN / HAM)
Ł7.99 (KRK / LIS / MAS / PMI)
Ł8.99 (AGP)
Ł9.99 (LED / SOF)
Ł11.99 (LCA)

Short-haul aircraft not planned to receive WiFi due to retirement

A319 - 18 Aircraft

G-EUOE/F/G
G-EUPD/G/J/K/W
G-DBCA/B/C/D/E/F/G/H/J/K

Background information:
Print Wikipost

FAQ : Status of on-board WiFi rollout on BA aircraft

Old Oct 1, 2021, 10:49 am

Programs: BA Gold
Does anybody have any updates on the short-haul rollout? I flew on G-TTNR (delivered in August) last week and that didn't have WiFi. How many more recent deliveries are like this in the Neo fleet? Appreciate any info.
Old Oct 2, 2021, 5:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by L22
It seems that the pricing structure on the A350 has been changed and brought in line with the rest of the fleet. I flew LHR-YYZ on G-XWBE and the pricing was based on time rather than the amount of data used. The full flight for browsing and streaming was Ł14.99
Will BA offer a monthly or an annual subscription?
Old Oct 3, 2021, 4:38 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by L22
It seems that the pricing structure on the A350 has been changed and brought in line with the rest of the fleet. I flew LHR-YYZ on G-XWBE and the pricing was based on time rather than the amount of data used. The full flight for browsing and streaming was Ł14.99
That's good to hear. Are you able to tell whether internet was slow or fast? I wonder whether they've installed a newer faster infrastructure, or just aligned prices. From memory A350 got factory installed old generation WiFi equipment that worked differently to WiFi installed on A380/B747/B777s.
Old Oct 3, 2021, 10:07 am

Programs: Lufthansa Miles & More, BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by kdhurst380
Does anybody have any updates on the short-haul rollout? I flew on G-TTNR (delivered in August) last week and that didn't have WiFi. How many more recent deliveries are like this in the Neo fleet? Appreciate any info.
This should help but it's a little out-dated

As far as I know, most (if not all) A320ceos have Wi-Fi, as for A319s, all ex-bmi ones definitely do not have Wi-Fi, and most A319s don't have Wi-Fi either, from personal experience, I flew G-EUOF (A319) this year which had no Wi-Fi, however when I flew G-EUUM (A320ceo) on the return it did have Wi-Fi. I assume G-TTNR will get Wi-Fi installed a little later on, as quite a large majority of A320/21neos have Wi-Fi. I flew G-NEOT (A321neo) in 2019 and back then it didn't have Wi-Fi, however now it does. I guess it just depends when the Wi-Fi gets installed/configured.
Old Oct 3, 2021, 2:51 pm

Effective immediately, the in-seat power system should not be switched on and will shortly be deactivated on 66 A319, A320 & A321CEO aircraft.

SCCMs: when operating on the CEO, ensure your welcome PA does not include the in-seat power message.

The NEO aircraft are not impacted, and in-seat power will remain available.

A Crewlink message will be sent when in-seat power is reinstated onto all CEO aircraft.
Old Oct 3, 2021, 3:25 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by 1Aturnleft
Effective immediately, the in-seat power system should not be switched on and will shortly be deactivated on 66 A319, A320 & A321CEO aircraft.

SCCMs: when operating on the CEO, ensure your welcome PA does not include the in-seat power message.

A Crewlink message will be sent when in-seat power is reinstated onto all CEO aircraft.
I wondered why power wasn’t available on my flights this weekend and the crew just said it was ‘not working’ (although I later overheard them discussing the feet-wide issue).

Given that this thread is mainly about WiFi, I can confirm that the WiFi was still working fine.
Old Oct 3, 2021, 3:47 pm

Programs: Lufthansa Miles & More, BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by 1Aturnleft

Why so? Is there some recall for it? It worked on my A320ceo flight as far as I'm aware on the 1st of September, didn't use it though.
Old Oct 3, 2021, 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by IFlyPlanes
Why so? Is there some recall for it? It worked on my A320ceo flight as far as I'm aware on the 1st of September, didn't use it though.
I believe so. A recent incident 🔥 on a A320ceo has lead to a temporary switch off of in seat power system on the ceo fleet until a safety fix has been retrofitted. This is why the neo's haven't been affected because they operate with a different in seat power system to the ceo fleet.
IFlyPlanes likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2021, 9:09 am

Programs: BAEC Blue (back to Earth)
The new B777s are having WiFi fitted at Cardiff, G-STBO now was the antenna installed.
dylanks and rockflyertalk like this.
Old Oct 16, 2021, 1:20 pm

Programs: BAEC
Apologies, it’s been a busy month so I’m just catching up on all the threads. So the CEOs don’t have charging facilities for now, a tad annoying.

I wonder will this fix take weeks or months…
Old Oct 17, 2021, 4:54 am

Originally Posted by BAeuro
Apologies, it’s been a busy month so I’m just catching up on all the threads. So the CEOs don’t have charging facilities for now, a tad annoying.

I wonder will this fix take weeks or months…
With 66 aircraft to fix I'd anticipate multiples of the latter
Old Nov 28, 2021, 3:50 am
hmv

Can confirm that G-ZBKF is still without wifi. Flew it yesterday.
Old Nov 28, 2021, 6:34 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by hmv
Can confirm that G-ZBKF is still without wifi. Flew it yesterday.
Whereas her 789 sister ZBKI does have Wifi (KF I can confirm is wifi-less).
Old Nov 29, 2021, 12:26 am

G-ZBJG did not have Wi-Fi yesterday. Crew said the aircraft had not been fitted with it but perhaps it was a technical fault.
Old Dec 7, 2021, 7:21 am

Programs: Budding BA Bronze, MPC Gold
Got my first long haul coming up after Covid and since the full WiFi roll out. Absolutely dumbfounded you have to pay full price for it in Business for it

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.