Avios Aer Lingus redemption through BAEC

Old Sep 30, 17, 3:16 am
Original Poster

Avios Aer Lingus redemption through BAEC

Hi,

I found flights with Aer Lingus from MAN-SFO using avios.com. I called the BAEC call centre to book them as I've heard taxes are usually lower than on booking on avios.com however BAEC weren't able to see the flights that avios.com was showing. Has anyone else had this issue? Do I have to mention to them that they're Aer Lingus flights?

Thanks,

Tom
Old Sep 30, 17, 3:28 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
This is one of those "that's the way it is" issues. EI seem to release two types of redemption availability. The Avios.com version is more expensive but more accessible, BAEC cheaper but different in terms of what is around. I would ask the agent to check a few days either side, if you have that flexibility.

There are some previous threads with similar outcomes, it's not new.
Old Sep 30, 17, 5:37 am
Original Poster

Thanks. I've just found a thread that suggests United shows the same reward flights for EI as BA can see.
Old Oct 1, 17, 4:19 am

Programs: BA GOLD, IHG platinum, Hilton diamond
I experienced similar a few days back on similar Aer Lingus flights, two issues actually - AVIOS showing 5 seats wouldn't allow me to dummy book via AVIOS 3 adults and 2 children, but would allow for 5 adults to be booked, and secondly BAEC couldn't see the AVIOS availability that I could see via AVIOS.

I slept on it and the mismatch appeared to resolve itself by the next morning.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: