Wiki Posts
Search

can't log in to account

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2017, 8:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: aeroplan
can't log in to account

I am having trouble logging in to my account. The system wants additional verification and wants to e mail me a code . However, whenever I ask for a code to be emailed, the message "Sorry we can't send you a code at the moment due to a fault with our systems" comes up. This has been happening for 3 days in a row. I have tried to just log in and say I've forgotten my password. I got an email with a link to reset but after resetting the password, and trying to log in, the same thing happened.

Is there really a system problem or is there some problem with my access?

Where can I go for help? Is the only option to call the UK call centre?

Any help would be appreciated.

Note: I don't have twitter so cannot send them a tweet
Old Sep 29, 2017, 8:45 am

Programs: BA Silver
I had exactly this problem a few months ago and I too was doubtful about the 'fault with our systems'. After a few days, it cleared, sent me the code and all was fine. Obviously no certainty it will be the same for you.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 1:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: aeroplan
Thanks - I will give it a few days and see what happens.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 3:47 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IC Ambassador, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Fairmont Platinum
If you have made multiple login attempts, you will be locked ouf for 24 hours, unless you change your password.

Unfortunately, you will only see messages telling you that if you go on ba.com using a proper computer.

I suspect this is the problem.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 8:07 pm

Location: Washington D.C. via Sao Paulo via Houston via Washington D.C. via Boston via New York
I am getting the same thing, I was able to get a code, now I'm unable to get a code. I've reached out to them on twitter. I run everything through a VPN so it may have something to do with it.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 11:58 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott GFL
Originally Posted by macdonaldj2
I am getting the same thing, I was able to get a code, now I'm unable to get a code. I've reached out to them on twitter. I run everything through a VPN so it may have something to do with it.
I only access the Internet through a VPN and have no problems with my BA account login.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.