Wiki Posts
Search

Insane TP run this weekend

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2017, 6:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec Club (Bronze)
Insane TP run this weekend

With just days remaining to save Silver status, this weekend is devoted to the following slightly crazy TP run with the husband: LCY-GLA-LHR-DUB-LHR-MAN-LHR. Six flights in 48 hours all in Club (240 tier points each). Just enough time for a drink in Glasgow, dinner and a drink in Dublin and Sunday lunch in Manchester!

This seemed a good idea at the time of booking (when CE had just returned to domestic flights) but now feels like a slight ordeal! Hopefully it will least provide a good test of all the usual CE hot topics: priority boarding, food availability, temperature of champagne etc.

Will report back when completed...
Old Sep 29, 2017, 6:30 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
240 TPs each?! Where do I sign up?!
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 6:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

That itinerary might seem insane to you and me but it's a normal one for many on here.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 6:36 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold
Nothing wrong with that! What was the cost of that one?
Old Sep 29, 2017, 6:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec Club (Bronze)
Originally Posted by JamieABZ
Nothing wrong with that! What was the cost of that one?
Ł692.34 each. A bit of a frivolous indulgence really, but hopefully it should be fun!
GRALISTAIR and JamieABZ like this.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 6:44 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Wow.

You must be very keen on Silver status to put yourselves through that lot !

(I would say Enjoy ...... but I'd be lying )
Old Sep 29, 2017, 6:49 am

Programs: not a lot
Originally Posted by Stoemp
Ł692.34 each. A bit of a frivolous indulgence really, but hopefully it should be fun!
.... me - I'd have just bought a priority pass membership.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 6:50 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold, Priority Pass
So is it 240 TPs in total there? Ł3 per TP seems a little expensive?
Old Sep 29, 2017, 7:01 am

Following this!
Old Sep 29, 2017, 7:03 am

Programs: Some
Look forward to the report! Given my weekend is LHR-BRU-DOH-HND-PVG-HKG-HND-DOH-BRU-LHR, I can't really judge too harshly...
Old Sep 29, 2017, 7:12 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
Look forward to the report! Given my weekend is LHR-BRU-DOH-HND-PVG-HKG-HND-DOH-BRU-LHR, I can't really judge too harshly...

WHAT???! Really just for the weekend? Are you staying over / doing anything? Is this just a TP run?

I know everyone has their own 'break' point (mine is low: I'll do a "TP efficient" trip I had to do anyway; but I'll never get on a plane purely for the sake of TPs...)...but that's serious!
Old Sep 29, 2017, 7:15 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
deleted

Last edited by ahmetdouas; Nov 10, 2017 at 9:45 am
Old Sep 29, 2017, 7:19 am

Originally Posted by ratypus
WHAT???! Really just for the weekend? Are you staying over / doing anything? Is this just a TP run?

I know everyone has their own 'break' point (mine is low: I'll do a "TP efficient" trip I had to do anyway; but I'll never get on a plane purely for the sake of TPs...)...but that's serious!
Indeed, although for some of the keener aviation enthusiasts here the flight itself can be the holiday!
Old Sep 29, 2017, 7:21 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
nothing too crazy about that.

I did SFO LAX MIA CUN MIA LAX MIA CUN MIA LAX SFO non-stop a few years ago (when I was even younger). that was tough. two B2B's at CUN on two consecutive mornings at CUN and a 45 min connection in LAX from a flight from MIA to a flight to MIA......

I am not sure I would that again as a mis-connect meant that none of the flights had a flat bed....
Old Sep 29, 2017, 7:28 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by chris1979
nothing too crazy about that.

I did SFO LAX MIA CUN MIA LAX MIA CUN MIA LAX SFO non-stop a few years ago (when I was even younger). that was tough. two B2B's at CUN on two consecutive mornings at CUN and a 45 min connection in LAX from a flight from MIA to a flight to MIA......

I am not sure I would that again as a mis-connect meant that none of the flights had a flat bed....

Wow. You earned that lifetime Gold...

I just couldn't do it. I'll go as far as perhaps picking a holiday based on TPs...(so our annual "beach" holiday tends to be CE to ACE or TFS rather than AGP...) and possibly even looking at QR to the Fat East over a direct BA flight, but any more than that is beyond me.

I can just about see how a weekend TP run in a flat bed would be quite restful - but hopping on/off 6-8 CE sectors in a weekend?

To the OP - enjoy if that's your thing and hope it goes well! You'll certainly be the experts on domestic CE by the end of the weekend!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.