BA Gold Line “ we are busy, go away “

Old Sep 27, 2017, 9:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci des Epices Exotiques, BAEC Gold,EK Gold,SPG,Marriott,Club Carlson
BA Gold Line “ we are busy, go away “

I just tried calling the gold line in the UK and was told that the lines are busy and I should look online “thank you. Goodbye.”

Delightful customer service.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
They must be doing work on a contract basis for Ryanair.

Another 400,000 tickets were cancelled today!
Old Sep 27, 2017, 11:02 am

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
Originally Posted by To Eat.To Drink
I just tried calling the gold line in the UK and was told that the lines are busy and I should look online “thank you. Goodbye.”

It's the enhanced gold service. They don't let you wait until you give up.
LostAntipod likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 11:11 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
Ive had really good experiences this week and last week , one minute wait only !
Old Sep 27, 2017, 1:05 pm

Programs: BA Gold, ELAL Top Platinum
I got through today in 5 minutes!!
Old Sep 27, 2017, 1:10 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hotels.com Gold

I understand your frustration but I guess it's debatable whether this is better than being on hold for an extended period or not. Either way it might suggest poor staffing of the call centre.

The thread title is a little misleading.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 1:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci des Epices Exotiques, BAEC Gold,EK Gold,SPG,Marriott,Club Carlson
Originally Posted by CloudGazer
I did paraphrase but it is essentially what happened. “We are busy, please look online.” Phone line dropped.

One is normally at least given the option to hold. I would have done as I was in the car for an hour.
ahmetdouas likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 1:48 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold (GGL/CCR), HHonors Diamond
I did paraphrase but it is essentially what happened. “We are busy, please look online.” Phone line dropped.

One is normally at least given the option to hold. I would have done as I was in the car for an hour.
To hold, or get a call back with holding your spot in line. BA really fails using modern call center technology.
LostAntipod likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by Gshumway
To hold, or get a call back with holding your spot in line. BA really fails using modern call center technology.
Maybe faling to understand that "modern call center technology" means modern call centre technology?
Old Sep 27, 2017, 6:49 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
I got through today in less than 60 seconds
Old Sep 27, 2017, 7:16 pm

Programs: BA Gold, QF Platinum, SQ Silver
Wow. Just wow. But I am not really surprised at all, given it is British Airways you're talking about.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 7:25 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite
Originally Posted by FlyingScientist
Maybe faling to understand that "modern call center technology" means modern call centre technology?
Matthew 7:5 :P

More seriously this is not good enough for the blue line, let alone the gold line.

Offering a call back if the call centre is busy should really be the standard in 2017.

On a related note I find the constant references to the web site while holding rather aggravating: if whatever I wanted to do were possible on the web site I would already be doing that.

(And if it were possible but I didn't know then simply mentioning the web site wouldn't do me any good either.)
Old Sep 27, 2017, 7:52 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Every time I hear “welcome to the executive club for gold members” I always think of one person.

SK, ExpatExp, pheonix254 and 1 others like this.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 10:44 am

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by CloudGazer
I understand your frustration but I guess it's debatable whether this is better than being on hold for an extended period or not. Either way it might suggest poor staffing of the call centre.

Poor staffing due to waht ? Peak periods misjudged ? Too many vacations simultaneously ? Cost savings ? Attitude of " let them eat cake" ?

Originally Posted by TravellingSalesman
Matthew 7:5 :P

More seriously this is not good enough for the blue line, let alone the gold line.

Offering a call back if the call centre is busy should really be the standard in 2017.

On a related note I find the constant references to the web site while holding rather aggravating: if whatever I wanted to do were possible on the web site I would already be doing that.

(And if it were possible but I didn't know then simply mentioning the web site wouldn't do me any good either.)
Yesterday I called AA, was told" there is a 22 min hold, may we call you back, you will not lose your place in line Call back was in less than 15 minutes. Ac Better than others.ceptable.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 11:59 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
deleted

Last edited by ahmetdouas; Nov 10, 2017 at 11:29 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.