FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Toronto lounge hours (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1868250-toronto-lounge-hours.html)

bermyandy Sep 22, 2017 6:26 am

Toronto lounge hours

Anyone happened to have noticed recently what the opening time is? BA site says 15.30 but know it's not always right. First flight out is 6.30 so assume still 3 hours?

MPH1980 Sep 22, 2017 6:34 am

it is around that yes. I will be leaving from YYZ tonight and if I get a chance i will double check for you.

bermyandy Sep 22, 2017 7:35 am

May well see you there!

MPH1980 Sep 22, 2017 8:02 am

Originally Posted by bermyandy (Post 28845781)
May well see you there!

I'm supposed to be going out via NYC ... we'll see ... the American flight has been majorly delayed or cancelled several times this week already. So I suspect I may get a re-route direct ...

deeruck Sep 22, 2017 8:54 am

Originally Posted by MPH1980 (Post 28845859)
I'm supposed to be going out via NYC ... we'll see ... the American flight has been majorly delayed or cancelled several times this week already. So I suspect I may get a re-route direct ...

If you're going via NYC, you won't have access to the international departures area of YYZ, you'll be in the USA preclearance area.

MPH1980 Sep 22, 2017 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by deeruck (Post 28846032)
If you're going via NYC, you won't have access to the international departures area of YYZ, you'll be in the USA preclearance area.

Yes - I know - I was banking on the IRROPS occuring on the YYZ-JFK flight and being re-routed direct. Hence the 'if I get a chance' comment.

:-)

But it looks like my flight is on time. We'll see though.

The _Banking_Scot Sep 22, 2017 4:00 pm

Hi,

I was there over the August Bank Holiday weekend.

Check in opened around 1510 ( with a large queue for WT,WT+CW building up by that time but I was the first to check in in F.)

By the time I had cleared security , everyone initially joins the one line then shortly after splits for a priority security lane ( around 5 min wait) and walking to the lounge the lounge had just opened ( around 1530 ) and I was first in.

Sandwiches, cheese and salads are brought out around 4pm and and First dining and Club World dining opens at 1700.

I entered just after 5pm , had a leisurely 3 course dinner and then coffee in the main area it was approaching 6pm and shortly afterwards , the call to board came.

Regards

TBS

MPH1980 Sep 22, 2017 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by MPH1980 (Post 28847255)
Yes - I know - I was banking on the IRROPS occuring on the YYZ-JFK flight and being re-routed direct. Hence the 'if I get a chance' comment.

:-)

But it looks like my flight is on time. We'll see though.

And ... I'm delayed almost 2 hours. And American's famed 'protect separate tickets' policy was denied until i argued a lot ... and i got some checked through bags instead (which will allow me to make the connection if the delay doesn't get worse)