Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bolney the new Pre Take-off in F?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2017, 11:02 am

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
Originally Posted by HIDDY
I certainly don't know enough about Champagne to be able to spot the difference between that and a sparkling wine.
Same as me. Saves an awful lot of money.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 11:09 am

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by HIDDY
I don't really enjoy drinking alcohol on board a long haul flight so I pay scant attention to the brands they serve. I certainly don't know enough about Champagne to be able to spot the difference between that and a sparkling wine.
Originally Posted by LCY8737
Same as me. Saves an awful lot of money.
try some AA sparkling wines - Im sure you will notice the difference - they can be pretty poor to say the least
Old Sep 22, 2017, 11:11 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by mgiarc
This has happened to me a few times in F, be it with Champagne or wines. They often seem to finish off whatever they have open, rather than pour what has been specifically requested, presumably on the assumption you wouldn't notice. As when ordering a glass of wine in a restaurant, it should really be poured from the bottle in front of you.
In First, it usually is poured from the bottle in front of you. I presume it’s the same in Club too.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 11:45 am

Programs: BA; SQ; Hyatt; Hilton
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
In First, it usually is poured from the bottle in front of you. I presume it’s the same in Club too.
But not always. In Club, the bottle is on the trolley, so they would have to go to some effort to pour it otherwise than in front of you.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by mgiarc
But not always. In Club, the bottle is on the trolley, so they would have to go to some effort to pour it otherwise than in front of you.
I can’t recall a time when wine was not served in front of me from the bottle, save for the first glass of champagne pre/post departure.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 12:04 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

I can’t recall a time when wine was not served in front of me from the bottle, save for the first glass of champagne pre/post departure.
When was the last time you were in club?
crazyarmadillo likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
When was the last time you were in club?
I last travelled Club World in April 2017 from LGW to LHR

Prior to that, it was in early (January?) 2012! Although i was responding to my experience in First
Old Sep 22, 2017, 12:16 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

I last travelled Club World in April 2017 from LGW to LHR

Prior to that, it was in early (January?) 2012! Although i was responding to my experience in First
Let you off
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 12:22 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver/Hilton Diamond/IHG Spire
Bolney on departure for Lhr Dxb a week a go. Pleasant whilst not LPGS couldn't be arsed to question whilst getting a two year old to sit in his seat.....
Old Sep 22, 2017, 1:39 pm

You have a lot more experience here than I, but my last two flights this year in F (LHR ORD and MIA LHR) the wines were poured in the galley and brought to me by the glass. I much prefer to be shown the bottle and poured in front of me, and this was one of the things in life I didn't realise I appreciated until I lost it
Old Sep 22, 2017, 2:28 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold
I'm sorry, I know this might seem like a trivial, silly detail to some, but to me this is incredibly tacky. Really, to pretend you are serving a tete de Cuvée Champagne and to try to pass off an English sparkling wine on unknowing customers? I love my wines and appreciate the fine taste of LPGS; I will know the difference and it would put a damper on my flight to drink an inferior wine pre-takeoff when BA makes a selling point of its LPGS.

I'll be sure to ask if the LPGS is open on the ground when I fly JFK-LHR in a few days; I'll keep you posted on what happens.

On another note, even for a first pour, I do think a proper F service should be to show the bottle and pour at one's seat. That's simply how it's done when one orders wine at any place of repute.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 2:07 pm
Jed

Programs: BA Gold, AA 1MM lifetime gold, Starwood gold, Marriott Gold Elite
If in doubt, take the glass to the loo when going to change into F PJs, use it to water the F toilet flower, then get a top up on the way back to one's seat from the galley, where it should be poured from the bottle.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.