Wiki Posts
Search

No Showers T5 21/9 am

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2017, 8:37 am
Suspended

Programs: SQ, BA CCR GGL
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
If the showers are working in T5B I doubt there would be much of a queue there at this time of day. There are also showers in North, I'd be surprised if they were also out, plumbing problems in South is something that happens every few months, for some reason.
Just like other F class lounges around the world apart from the plumbing problems 🙄😂
Old Sep 21, 2017, 10:03 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hotels.com Gold
South elemis is now working.

30 min wait. But better than the plaza premium in BLR this morning. Went to the loo and did an about turn out of the salt lake that was a toilet.

TBH I really like the lounges on LHR. I like the business in Gla and LGW. Granted every CX lounge I've been in as a silver has been better than the BA equivalent.

showers are always great.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 10:44 am
formerly southsidesilver

Programs: BA Gold, UA Silver, HH Diamond
But better than the plaza premium in BLR this morning. Went to the loo and did an about turn out of the salt lake that was a toilet.
Mmmmm sounds fun. I have just about given up on priority pass lounges these days.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 3:22 am

Location: 15 minutes west of LHR, Stockholm, or somewhere inbetween.
Programs: BAEC Gold GGL, CCR, GfL, Mucci des Recherches des Consommations Exotiques.
Originally Posted by seaskybound
I am pretty sure that when I shower at T5 they are mating, every single time. Maybe they were just using their airport employee travel privileges on your flight? Do share more...
It was a flight between LHR and ARN a few years back.

There was a male sea lion that had heard that the sea lion ladies in Sweden where quite something, so decided to pop over to check them out.

However, being a bit of a primadonna, he decided to throw a bit of a strop on boarding (cargo hold), causing a delay of an hour or two.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 3:37 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, SK *G, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by SENEDIsoon?
I arrived at Elemis reception at 8.30 (arriving from PHL on way to Glasgow and back as got a great deal from GLA) and was told there was a 2hr wait. Eventually got a shower at 10.15. This is the explanation I got via Twitter

We're so sorry to hear this, Kevin. We've contacted our Lounge Manager and they've advised the wait is because new showers are being fitted.
I was at T5 on Monday morning and was told that there was a two-hour wait for showers - which I didn't have time for. They phoned Galleries North which had an hour's wait, which was still too late. Good to hear that it's a problem that might be solved once the refitting is complete!
Old Sep 22, 2017, 3:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Has anyone seen the new showers !?
Old Sep 22, 2017, 7:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Has anyone seen the new showers !?
No, but after the fixed them I did get a shower in the end yesterday!

After recently travelling LH, CX, SQ, EY, QR, MH in First and experiencing their 'home' First experiences I have to say BA really need to replace the showers, the pressure was hopeless and the noises it makes well don't know what to say!

As a side note when I approached the desk for a shower I got told 50 minute wait, without being asked if travelling First or Business, I then said does that apply for F passengers and then did get one sooner! My understanding F passengers get priority so maybe the staff should be trained to asked what class your flying before giving a waiting time!

I did feel sorry for the lady on the spa desk though, while I was waiting for them to sort the shower out she must have turned at least 10 people away all wanting treatments and nothing for the next 3 hours, at least 4 with F passengers and were far from happy! When chatting to her she even commented she puts her body armour on in a morning as not all guests understand the answer is no, to be fair at between 2-5k for a F return ticket you can understand why people maybe upset, but certainly shouldn't take it out on the poor person on the Spa desk!
adrianlondon likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 8:03 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
If the showers are working in T5B I doubt there would be much of a queue there at this time of day. There are also showers in North, I'd be surprised if they were also out, plumbing problems in South is something that happens every few months, for some reason.
The wait yesterday was 30 mins at 16.30 but the people in reception got me one right away.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by seaskybound
I am pretty sure that when I shower at T5 they are mating, every single time. Maybe they were just using their airport employee travel privileges on your flight? Do share more...
When I was put into shower 18 yesterday and having a soak I was intrigued what the rhythmic sounds from somewhere close were. It was only when I turned the shower off I realised that it was a pumping mechanism (no!! Not that one) struggling that I could hear. As the water drained away it ended as a screaming crescendo.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 8:22 am

Originally Posted by GlasgowCyclops
When I was put into shower 18 yesterday and having a soak I was intrigued what the rhythmic sounds from somewhere close were. It was only when I turned the shower off I realised that it was a pumping mechanism (no!! Not that one) struggling that I could hear. As the water drained away it ended as a screaming crescendo.
Sounds intriguing....
Old Sep 22, 2017, 10:01 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by GlasgowCyclops
I realised that it was a pumping mechanism (no!! Not that one) struggling that I could hear. As the water drained away it ended as a screaming crescendo.
This has been the issue with the showers from Day One: Each shower has individual, small sump pumps which move the shower's waste water to the terminal's waste pipe. Having gone through the refurbishment of a number of apartments in my life, it's my experience that the installation of small sump pumps represent a cheap workaround offered by otherwise incapable plumbers (normally, gravity and adequate waste pipe diameter would do the trick) or that plumbers are limited by too little crawl space between the floor and the actual (concrete) ceiling of the ground floor. Given the fact that the sprinkler planning and installation in T5 was probably concluded before the plans for the spa took shape, I can only imagine that some nitwit engineer did not plan for adequate plumbing...

Last edited by awestphal; Sep 22, 2017 at 10:03 am Reason: grammar
Old Sep 22, 2017, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by When I Travel The World
Mmmmm sounds fun. I have just about given up on priority pass lounges these days.
Unfortunately this is the one world lounge as well. :-(

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.