Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New old route being announced [LHR-SEZ confirmed twice weekly from 24 March 2018]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New old route being announced [LHR-SEZ confirmed twice weekly from 24 March 2018]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2018, 4:58 am

Programs: BA Gold for Life
Originally Posted by simons1
We used to use BA when living in Kenya in 1990s. I also recall the Seychelles extension....however unless my mind is playing tricks it was T4 at Heathrow?
London to Nairobi in May 1997 on BA was a 747-200 from Gatwick. The 747-200 had a flight engineer. The BA captain on my return happened to be staying in the same hotel as me and, being pre 9/11,he invited me into the cockpit for take off. Just like today, some system was not working but turning it off and on solved it.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 5:52 am

Originally Posted by YorkshireJon
Your mind is not playing tricks, soon after the NBO flight switched to originate at LHR. On another note it was before the introduction of the forward and rear facing CW that is still with us today!
Yep I remember sitting upstairs in the old Club recliners. I could have sworn the stairs were at the front of the upstairs cabin too but again time may be playing tricks.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 5:10 am

Saw a nice time lapse video of the first arrival.

Loads look very healthy, and great to see it’s going to be all year round. Look forward to live reports...
Old Mar 27, 2018, 8:10 am

Programs: BA Gold, several other less interesting cards...
I'm having a look for Avios flights. ba.com says that they don't operate the route!!
Old Mar 27, 2018, 8:15 am

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
Originally Posted by srbrenna
I'm having a look for Avios flights. ba.com says that they don't operate the route!!
Works fine for me. SEZ not SEY?
Old Mar 27, 2018, 8:17 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Just checked here (since I'm in Seychelles) and if you put LHR / SEZ in the left bar on My Executive Club it appears to work fine for me. Three seats available in WT* tomorrow (*787-9 so health warning applies), and no fewer than 5 CW seats going on Saturday 7 April.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 9:00 am

Programs: BA Gold, several other less interesting cards...
Originally Posted by pauldb
Works fine for me. SEZ not SEY?
Yes - SEZ, not SEY!

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Just checked here (since I'm in Seychelles) and if you put LHR / SEZ in the left bar on My Executive Club it appears to work fine for me. Three seats available in WT* tomorrow (*787-9 so health warning applies), and no fewer than 5 CW seats going on Saturday 7 April.
I'll give it a go. I was looking in the reward flight finder. Thanks!
Old Mar 27, 2018, 9:24 am

Programs: BA Gold
It may be due to the fact that it's a seasonal route that's only operated half a year. I think I got the same message when I was trying to find flights beyond October.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 9:30 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by mec72
It may be due to the fact that it's a seasonal route that's only operated half a year. I think I got the same message when I was trying to find flights beyond October.
That certainly was the original idea, but as noted above, BA have decided to make the route a year round service, on the strength of forward bookings. Consequently there are some CW Avios seats currently available in December which weren't there a few weeks back. BA departs LHR on Wednesdays and Saturdays, and departs Victoria on Thursdays and Sundays.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 9:31 am

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
Yes - SEZ, not SEY!
baredemptionfinder also doesn't show SEZ - maybe BA have never set it up properly.
Originally Posted by mec72
It's year-round now. ^
Old Mar 27, 2018, 9:58 am

Programs: BA Silver
baredemptionfinder also doesn't show SEZ - maybe BA have never set it up properly.
baredemptionfinder.com is independent and not owned or operated by BA.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 10:12 am

Programs: AA : BA
Yes - SEZ, not SEY!

Yes, the reward flight finder doesn't work for SEZ, SJC, OAK etc etc
Old Mar 27, 2018, 10:53 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR/GFL
Booked in for SEZ in October with a GGL redemption in CW (couldn’t get F).

I’m tempted to move it to January, but for the rainfall. Anyone been out at that time of year and have any comments? Looks like a bad idea but I’d much rather go away in Jan.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by SuperstarDJ
Booked in for SEZ in October with a GGL redemption in CW (couldn’t get F).

I’m tempted to move it to January, but for the rainfall. Anyone been out at that time of year and have any comments? Looks like a bad idea but I’d much rather go away in Jan.
The very best times to visit are April, May, October and November. It’s warm (30c) all year but Dec and Jan can be very wet! As with any tropical island you can get lucky/unlucky!

Old Mar 27, 2018, 11:10 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR/GFL
Originally Posted by BApilotinsider

The very best times to visit are April, May, October and November. It’s warm (30c) all year but Dec and Jan can be very wet! As with any tropical island you can get lucky/unlucky!

Thanks - I think I’ll stick with October to keep my wife happy!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.