Community
Wiki Posts
Search

6 cans of beer - Lounge theft? (maybe)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2017, 2:21 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Regarded as total and utter snob amongst the BAEC community.
6 cans of beer - Lounge theft? (maybe)

I came across this picture that has been posted on Instagram. It shows as being located in Terminal 5 with 6 cans of Heineken placed into a mens sports bag and the pattern in the background just happens to bear an uncanny resemblance to some of the lounge upholstery. I should also point out I don’t know this person.
Catweazle likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 2:23 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Old Sep 17, 2017, 2:25 pm

Having to drink Heineken is a suitable punishment.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 2:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
It is usually a sense of entitlement coupled with a bit of larceny. One would hope that people who fly enough to afford an air ticket, particularly in a premium cabin, could manage to purchase what they need for consumption outside the lounge.

When caught, BA ought to simply ban people such as this from lounge access.

I would suggest posting their photos somewhere public, but I am certain that there is some data protection law which prevents that.
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 2:36 pm

Perceived 'status' has no relation to class...
Old Sep 17, 2017, 2:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Just another freeloader.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 2:41 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
I'd agree with Often1 that a lounge ban is the appropriate sanction for anyone caught in the act.

So very tacky ......
Old Sep 17, 2017, 2:59 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
I met a GGL (NON CCR) on my way to Cairo last week who packed about 10 GF finger sandwiches and full bottle of water.
I felt sorry for him.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 3:05 pm

Programs: BA Gold
A bag of crisps, that is not... quite frustrating behaviour to be honest. Shame there's not more done about it.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 3:08 pm

Programs: BA Bronze
I'm a bit conflicted on taking things from the lounge.
I would most definitely fill my small water bottle if travelling short haul (with water!) - no crisps as I don't like the 'posh' ones.
Alcohol- I don't think it is appropriate at all.
I think it might be acceptable to charge the going rate to anyone deciding to liberate any quantity of alcoholic beverages from the lounges.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 3:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Heineken? C'mon! Should have at least gone for the Tribute.
njones259 and BerksFlyer like this.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 3:15 pm

I actually saw a guy put bottle of sometime (think it was the whiskey, I'm a non drinker so wouldnt know) in his bag and walk off! Saw him making a quick exit out of GF, looked around and decide to elect myself as chief constable of GF and follow the suspect around the corner, at which point he was already heading down stairs and thus I decided to retire from policing and left the relevant information with the front desk, who thanked me for making them aware of the thief.

As a side note, it was the first time I have been in GF for months and it was mobbed! I wouldn't of even noticed the thief because I never sit there expect today.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 3:19 pm

Live and let live.

It's monetary value is trivial. What makes me angrier is people in flounge pouring glasses of Champagne and leaving them unfinished just because it's free.

Lounge staff, even those in flounge are often sympathetic to pax helping themsleves since BOB.

Is six excessive for two passengers, maybe, maybe not but it's not worth a thread imvho?
kaka and Rami Tamimi like this.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 3:27 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
The sad thing is 40 people Liked that photos, assuming they knew what the photo was about.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 3:32 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by missdimeaner

Alcohol- I don't think it is appropriate at all.
I think it might be acceptable to charge the going rate to anyone deciding to liberate any quantity of alcoholic beverages from the lounges.
With all due respect, I can't see the sense in such a policy.

I'm assuming that BA management are totally opposed to the practice of alcohol being removed from their lounges. So .... that being the case, there needs to be some form of clear deterrent if there is any wish to stop it becoming a frequent event.

However, the idea that - if caught - the worst that can happen is that you would be asked to pay is no deterrent at all. In fact it almost encourages theft, in the knowledge that you can cough up the cash and walk away with no sense of guilt or shame : all a dramatic contrast to a potential lounge ban - and the strong message it would send out to anyone thinking along similar lines.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.