6 cans of beer - Lounge theft? (maybe)

Old Sep 17, 2017, 10:47 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
Originally Posted by 1010101
What i find worst of all is that someone feels the need to play BA lounge police and go to the effort of posting this. Do you have nothing better to do? All i see is a picture of some cans of beer in a bag. I wonder how Mathew Acreman would feel about such defamatory accusations being made about him.
100% agree. Let BA enforce their lounge policies, and get on with your life. Especially over something incredibly minor like this.

I feel it is esp bad that the OP has included this person's instagram handle without really knowing any facts behind the picture.
HilFly likes this.

Last edited by Enigma368; Sep 17, 2017 at 11:03 pm
Old Sep 17, 2017, 10:58 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Aeroplan peon
And to think I felt bad for taking a tea bag one time! But I liked it so I took a fresh one so I'd have the wrapper to look for it the next time I was shopping.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 11:02 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
Originally Posted by Jagboi
And to think I felt bad for taking a tea bag one time! But I liked it so I took a fresh one so I'd have the wrapper to look for it the next time I was shopping.
Someone will probably berate you here now with "why didn't you just take a picture of it". Not even joking.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 11:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Too bad there's no gate liquids security check like in Indonesia. Be nice to see the offender have to garbage every single one of those cans!
Old Sep 17, 2017, 11:14 pm

Programs: BA Silver
I refuse to steal any more kettle chips until the cheese and onion flavour is restored to the lounges.
adrianlondon and itsmeitisss like this.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 11:20 pm

Originally Posted by Enigma368
Someone will probably berate you here now with "why didn't you just take a picture of it". Not even joking.
I did actually have a camera with me, but I was on the way home after a vacation and had used up all my film.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 11:21 pm

Programs: BA EC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by 1010101
What i find worst of all is that someone feels the need to play BA lounge police and go to the effort of posting this. Do you have nothing better to do?
Indeed. I'm reminded of the old saying to the effect that 'a _____ [redacted to avoid FT repercussions] is a person who can't sleep at night because he's so worried that somewhere, somehow, somebody might be having fun'. Now, I'm not equating appropriating a few cans of lager from the lounge with having fun but some of these worriers really need to ... what is it the young people say? ... 'Get a Life!'
Old Sep 17, 2017, 11:58 pm

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
Originally Posted by Jagboi
had used up all my film.
That was a trip in the 80s?
T8191 likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 12:04 am

Programs: BA GfL, Marriott PlatfL/Ambassador, TP Gold, IHG Spire
I have to admit that the thought of saying "Get a life" to everyone so upset about this springs to mind.

Is it tacky? Yes.

But it's not my problem. And I doubt that BA wants to "tackle" the problem - they have much more to lose if they decided to upset a relatively high value customer (assumption here) over Ł5 of beer, biscuits, crisps, whatever.

​​​​​​
Enigma368 and mikeyfly like this.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 12:11 am

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
Originally Posted by mario
And I doubt that BA wants to "tackle" the problem - they have much more to lose if they decided to upset a relatively high value customer (assumption here) over Ł5 of beer, biscuits, crisps, whatever.
​​​​​​
I don't think today's BA would hesitate half a second to upset a "high value" customer over Ł5. It's probably just that policing the beer would cost a lot more than the value of the theft.

Then again, BA probably might be able to recruit a volunteer "lounge watch force" from the morally outraged on FT
Old Sep 18, 2017, 12:21 am

Originally Posted by LCY8737
That was a trip in the 80s?
Nope, I do large format black and white photography. Digital can't do what film can in these sizes, I can get close to 30 times the resolution of a high end DSLR.
itsmeitisss and LondonAndy like this.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 12:27 am

The danger with this type of behaviour is that lounge rules and/or budgets are tightened up for everyone. Guesting only if on the same flight, no more JWBlue in F lounge, who knows what benefits it threatens.
crazyarmadillo likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 1:03 am

Originally Posted by Flexible preferences
The danger with this type of behaviour is that lounge rules and/or budgets are tightened up for everyone. Guesting only if on the same flight, no more JWBlue in F lounge, who knows what benefits it threatens.
Unless you have specific information from BA that taking items from lounges has become a widespread problem that is causing them to consider removing JW Blue in the F lounge and changing guesting rules, then this is just wild speculation.

It is very easy to invent scenarios to justify one's moral outrage.

This could just as easily be a negligible problem that has almost no effect on BA's bottom line. Ultimately we don't know and it's not really our concern.

Let's just agree that taking 6 cans of beer out of a lounge is maybe a little tacky and move on with our lives.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 1:35 am

I drink with class. I had three glasses of red wine plus 2 shots of liquor in tbe BA lounge over a 6 hour period plus 4 plates of food,3 Espressos and 2 plates of sweets in between flights at LHR is that taking advantage of BA?

I have an Excel Spreadsheet of the most expensive drinks at lounges that I enjoy. I know how to get the best value.

This man took the cheapest crap beer out of the
lounge and posted on Instagram.At least if he was smart he would have taken a bottle of whiskey. Taking from tge lounge is against the rules. I don't condone it.

For me I can't fathom needing more as on the plane there is better booze like a good Gin and Tonic . Really dude you took 6 cans of Heniken.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 1:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Shame on the OP for posting this with the user's name and no one knowing the facts
kaka likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.