Companion Voucher Advice

Old Sep 16, 17, 7:58 am
mwj
Original Poster

Programs: BA EC Bronze
Companion Voucher Advice

Hi folks,

I'm new to FT.

I'm taking my parents to Singapore in CW next year, I'm using a companion voucher for 2 of the tickets and I'd like to buy a separate CW ticket.

I'd like to get the Avios and TPs for the CW ticket that I pay for (my parents don't have any use for these), but the companion voucher terms state that I must be on the booking.

Is there an obvious away around this that I'm missing? Could I have a single booking with the companion voucher booking AND the CW ticket that I've paid for? Then we'd all be on the same booking and satisfy the bit in the T&Cs that says:

"The main British Airways American Express Account holder must travel on any Companion Voucher booking."

Thank you
Matt
Old Sep 16, 17, 8:05 am

Programs: BA Gold
Welcome to FT Matt. You won't be able to work this as you want, if the voucher is yours you must be on the ticket for the two passengers, which will not earn TPs or Avios

Right now there's some great fares AMS-BKK in CW for around 1,170 - only around 500 more than the fees and surcharges on a "free" 241.

You can route and maximise time in SIN, KUL, HKG wherever you like
Old Sep 16, 17, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by mwj View Post
Could I have a single booking with the companion voucher booking AND the CW ticket that I've paid for?
To complete the answers to your questions: No.
Old Sep 16, 17, 8:39 am
mwj
Original Poster

Programs: BA EC Bronze
Thank you both for the info!
Old Sep 16, 17, 9:27 am

Programs: BA Gold, AF Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
Welcome to FT and the BA board mwj. Hope you have a great flight when the time comes - what a nice treat for your folks!
Old Sep 16, 17, 9:34 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Welcome to the BA forum mwj and quick answers as usual on here. Lots of experienced flyers here and with excellent knowledge which I hope you find useful. There is lots of information in the Dashboard and on behalf of the Ambassadors here once again a very warm welcome.

Search this Thread