Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

The Crown Rivers (T5 Weatherspoons) has apparently lost its license.

Old Sep 16, 2017, 4:27 am
Original Poster

I was looking forward to my pre flight Guinness last night but was shocked to find the Crown Rivers completely hoarded off, unlike 2 weeeks ago when I was last there.

I asked a member of staff and they said it was having issues with its license. Does anyone know more?
Old Sep 16, 2017, 4:34 am

This pub is closed for refurbishment until 05/12/2017

Per: https://www.jdwetherspoon.com/pub-cl...-0EFEE681577E}
Old Sep 16, 2017, 4:42 am

I don't think pubs in airports need a premises licence - hence why you can get a beer at 7am
Old Sep 16, 2017, 4:44 am

Originally Posted by AyeCaramba
I don't think pubs in airports need a premises licence - hence why you can get a beer at 7am
Soon to be reviewed:

https://www.thedrinksbusiness.com/20...drinking-laws/
Old Sep 16, 2017, 5:08 am

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
Plus didn't the guy who owns it recently give an interview saying the EU needs to take a wise up pill or else he'd source his imports from outside the EU?

I guess no more Guiness.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 5:12 am

Programs: BA Gold, several other less interesting cards...
Or we could be drinking the Nigerian Guinness. Although I'm not sure that would solve the issues hinted at above
Old Sep 16, 2017, 5:18 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by LCY8737
Plus didn't the guy who owns it recently give an interview saying the EU needs to take a wise up pill or else he'd source his imports from outside the EU?

I guess no more Guiness.
Just goes to show that even idiots can make it in the world of business.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 5:29 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by srbrenna
Or we could be drinking the Nigerian Guinness. Although I'm not sure that would solve the issues hinted at above
I was just about to post that
Old Sep 16, 2017, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by secretplantofightinflation
Just goes to show that even idiots can make it in the world of business.
and politics.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 12:00 pm

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
Does not bother me , as long as a decent-ish champagne is still flowing in GF then I'm happy.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 12:17 pm

Programs: BA Silver, VS Silver
though the CCR once refused me a drink at the bar at 7am citing their licence!!!
Old Sep 16, 2017, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by bd95
though the CCR once refused me a drink at the bar at 7am citing their licence!!!
They may have been quoting their own policy but it would certainly have nothing to do with their licence as they don't have one

But I'm sure I've had a bloody mary or glass of champagne over breakfast before 7 - probably like the majority of FTers!
Old Sep 16, 2017, 12:41 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Plenty of Wetherspoons already have a 24 hour premises license, or at least one that operates from something like 06:00 to 23:00. I'm sure many can recall the "24 hour drinking" morality outrage in our favourite sort of tabloid-format newspapers at the time.

Despite all the moralising, the early opening is mainly used to serve breakfast.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 1:04 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by bd95

They may have been quoting their own policy but it would certainly have nothing to do with their licence as they don't have one

But I'm sure I've had a bloody mary or glass of champagne over breakfast before 7 - probably like the majority of FTers!

Same here, I have champagne in CCR just after 5am moreover, the barman was refilling without my having to ask
Old Sep 16, 2017, 2:10 pm

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
I realised a couple of weeks back that the food in GF is most reminiscent of the food at Wetherspoons.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.