Wiki Posts
Search

AMS-LHR BA plane engine problem 12/9/17

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2017, 10:45 am
Suspended

Programs: Life Miles, Miles and more
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Seems to be nothing more than a bit of bad luck. Probably happens every day somewhere in the aviation world.
Quick let the investigators know, just a bit of bad luck! They can all go to the pub.

I assure you it's not an every day occurance that a plane lands with engine trouble and a few hours later takes off and the same engine goes kaput. Aviation didn't get as safe as it is calling such things a bit of bad luck and writing them off as everyday occurances.

Fortunately I'm sure BA will take it a bit more seriously. If they were related failures it'll be imperitive to find out what went wrong.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 11:59 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by nallison

I assure you it's not an every day occurance that a plane lands with engine trouble and a few hours later takes off and the same engine goes kaput. .
I've seen a lot of "we've fixed it" ... CLUNK ... "oops"

Not just in aviation but inspections miss stuff, attempts to fix thing don't and stuff taken apart for maintenance doesn't quite get put back together again properly.

Systems run degraded and we have a constant tension between production and safety. Aviation is just a bit more public when it doesn't work and often is more public about why it didn't work.

PS Investigators do a lot of work in the pub.

Beside's I'm with brixton it's dealt with that matters.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by Sigwx
I am waiting for the event to feature in a fleet newsletter or our flight safety publication used internally.
I'd be very interested in anything you would be able to share when this is available.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 5:40 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, ex-VS Gold, ex-UA Gold, Premier Inn Platinum-Iridium
Originally Posted by flatlander
I'm frankly not surprised the ground handling at AMS failed these customers. Most of my (non-KLM) handling experiences at Amsterdam have been between average and poor (BA and Easy). Menzies, who handle Easyjet, are particularly incompetent and lackadaisical. I'm not sure who handles BA at AMS - anyone know?
As far as I'm aware, it's still the awful Aviaparner which look after BA.

Given the flight was 4 hours late, that would have put it behind the last flight of the day, and the check-in/passenger service staff assigned to specifically work BA desks would have long since left, and the flight would have been handled by whoever happened to be left on shift.

In circumstances like these, I've come to expect nothing from any airline whatsoever.

I land myself as soon as I can, get my bags back if that's possible, while booking myself into a hotel and sending the bill to the airline.

I've even experienced this with BA at Heathrow T3. Told to find someone landside, and couldn't find a single BA employee. Everyone had gone home.

That it's an outstation, and that it's contract handler seems to be making less and less of a difference.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 10:00 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
deleted
Old Nov 12, 2017, 11:46 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by ahmetdouas
deleted
Here was me thinking you had some new information to shine a light on the previous posts but it looks like you are just deleting your posting history. Thankfully some of your posts are retained through the quotes of them. Possibly just as well as this provides context as to how ‘wild’ some of your comments on this thread and others are.

Returning to the topic in hand, is there any further news or outcomes from this event?
Old Nov 12, 2017, 12:21 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by madfish
Here was me thinking you had some new information to shine a light on the previous posts but it looks like you are just deleting your posting history. Thankfully some of your posts are retained through the quotes of them. Possibly just as well as this provides context as to how ‘wild’ some of your comments on this thread and others are.
Very strange... and now suspended.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.