Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Current Lounge arrangements at DUB

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2017, 10:25 am
Original Poster

Current Lounge arrangements at DUB

anyone know the latest arrangements for Lounge Access at Dublin Airport......... BA flight, BA flight number, ticketed through BA, Club Europe ... any lounge access ? Thanks for any advice
Old Oct 30, 2017, 10:30 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
The DAA lounge is BA’s contracted lounge and you can access it as you’re in Club Europe.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 10:32 am
Original Poster

Thank You !!
Old Oct 30, 2017, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by Schwann
The DAA lounge is BA’s contracted lounge and you can access it as you’re in Club Europe.
Isn't that the one where it says "Only for flights to LON and LGW"?
Old Oct 30, 2017, 10:48 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by T8191
If you mean LHR & LGW, I'm sure it would include LCY as well because I've been in before connecting to the Babybus and I'm sure it won't have changed in the last year. Are you confusing it with EI lounge arrangements?
Old Oct 30, 2017, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by T8191
No , your thinking of EI flights with BA status.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 11:14 am

Programs: Mucci des Ancients Matelots
I fly regularly between LCY & DUB and yes the lounge is the usual deal with regards to access. It's recently been refurbished and is no longer self serve.

I have been 'allowed' a guest before who was also flying BA but into LHR. They claimed they shouldn't usually allow this, guests apparently need to be on the same flight but they'd make an exception for me.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 11:56 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by Schwann
That's right.

Shame the lounge is pretty mediocre... it's actually worse since the renovation in my opinion. I think it was nice when it was the BMI lounge in Dublin - a shame BA let it go.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Apologies for causing confusion.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 12:45 pm

Programs: BA GGL (but soon to lose the GL :-(), IHG Spire Amb, Hilton Dmnd (and pleb/pleb-plus in 1001 others)
I'm pretty sure I know the answer but just to check ... I'm on a BA ticketed/marketed Aer Lingus flight operated by Stobart from DUB-GLA next week. Being a GCH doesn't get me squat does it?
Old Oct 30, 2017, 1:12 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by flibbly
I'm pretty sure I know the answer but just to check ... I'm on a BA ticketed/marketed Aer Lingus flight operated by Stobart from DUB-GLA next week. Being a GCH doesn't get me squat does it?
Correct. Stobarts are explicitly excluded from the EI policy, and you don't get anything from the DAA lounge either (and it's in the wrong place). You can however pay for lounge access by Aer Lingus, and there is a Priority Pass option too.
flibbly likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by FlightDetective
That's right.

Shame the lounge is pretty mediocre... it's actually worse since the renovation in my opinion. I think it was nice when it was the BMI lounge in Dublin - a shame BA let it go.
A case of rose tinted glasses perhaps?

its certainly no worse than BMI days (it was terrible in the last few years before the end) and is better than it was a few years ago.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Correct. Stobarts are explicitly excluded from the EI policy, and you don't get anything from the DAA lounge either (and it's in the wrong place). You can however pay for lounge access by Aer Lingus, and there is a Priority Pass option too.
That's where my head fell off, having Stobarted homewards once. Our DUB experiences eastbound are invariably in a daze after 24h+ of travel
Old Oct 30, 2017, 2:21 pm

It's a pretty basic lounge, similar to many across Europe. No significant food other than fruit and nibbles.
You can get a drink though.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 3:55 pm

Programs: BAEC - Gold, IHG - Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by FlightDetective
That's right.

I agree, I’m not keen on the manned bar in the corner. I much preferred it when it was self service. Plus I think the food has gone downhill.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.